Entry level wrist watch computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anjina

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

I decided to get my first dive computer (I'm a rescue diver and have around 50 dives), my budget is up to 300eur, but preferably less (around 200 if possible) so I realize I'm looking at simple, entry level computers, which is fine, as long as they give me ell the essential info when diving.

I've read many threads here and elsewhere and it just seems that there are lots of options and pros and cons of every particular model so I decided to call out for help :)

I realized I might be more inclined towards a watch computer so that's not too bulky and can be used as a watch aswell.

I'm looking at sth like this:
[h=1]- Oceanic geo 2.0 (great reviews but apparently the manual is pretty bad?)[/h]- Cressi Leonardo
- Aeris Manta

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Leonardo would be too bulky plus it turns itself off -- you can't really use it as a watch.

Ok thanks, that's useful! Do you have any recommendation which one would be good?

Yeah I was looking at Mares puck pro also...but it seems a bit bigger, not really a watch size is it? How does it compare to Oceanic geo 2.0? Anyone?

No the mares puck is wrist you not wrist watch style. Have you looked at the Sunnto D4? Cressi Eddy II if it's still available? neither of these technically has user replaceable batteries which can be inconvenient. The Aeris or Oceanic wrist watch style computers do IMS have user replaceable batteries.

---------- Post added March 4th, 2015 at 07:55 AM ----------

No the mares puck is wrist top not wrist watch style. Have you looked at the Sunnto D4? Cressi Eddy II if it's still available? neither of these technically has user replaceable batteries which can be inconvenient. The Aeris or Oceanic wrist watch style computers do IMS have user replaceable batteries.

---------- Post added March 4th, 2015 at 07:58 AM ----------

ScubaPro Extender? Although I've never seen outside of Japan so am unsure as to its general availability.

---------- Post added March 4th, 2015 at 07:59 AM ----------

ScubaPro do have two, I think, newer watch style computers currently available but no doubt expensive.

---------- Post added March 4th, 2015 at 08:00 AM ----------

SCUBAPRO - Dive Computers

---------- Post added March 4th, 2015 at 08:02 AM ----------

It seems the Eddy has been replaced with this...

Cressi Scuba Diving Computers & Consoles Newton professional scuba diving equipment gear computer regulator octopus wetsuit mask fin spearfishing

---------- Post added March 4th, 2015 at 08:06 AM ----------

I wouldn't worry too much about manuals, sit down with the computer and just play with it a while you'll likely figure it out, generally they are not that complex and if not ask here and someone will no doubt help. I used to have the Eddy and the manual was absolutely atrocious, it was like they paid someone to make it as confusing as humanly possible. It sucked. I've played with an older Suunto D4 and they are relatively simple.

---------- Post added March 4th, 2015 at 08:22 AM ----------

404 Page Not Found

---------- Post added March 4th, 2015 at 08:23 AM ----------

404 Page Not Found

Hi anjina,

I bought a Geo2 in 2011 as a backup, along with a SPG, for my VT3. I have nearly 400 dives on it and like it very much. Battery change is quick and easy, just put in #3. I find operating the Geo2 very easy, improved over some older Oceanic computers I've used since 2001. Personally, I do not wear it as a watch, find it too large. I wear a watch as a watch.

Aeris Manta is gone, Aeris merged with Oceanic under American Underwater Products parent. Manta was very similar to Geo2

I don't know if the manual is bad or not (seems fairly decent to me) but the computer is super easy to use. Get it. Love it. Be happy with it.

I stay away from the Cressi, Suunto, Mares computers like the plague.

pm me if you want a gerat deal on a watch type dive comp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom