Dry Tortugas Live Aboard Thanksgiving Day Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmmm... i think he has an engine on that sailboat

could do maybe... 5 knots?

downhill

I've gone to the Tortugas at 7 knots, it took 18 hours. I'd much rather pay Rick and his fine crew to take us there, besides Rick knows all the good dive sites.

maybe if we use big fans we can speed up the speed to 8 knots... would only
take ... what.... 15 hours? :wink:

Colin: are you getting the boat or thinking about it? I've done some sailing...
would love to be crew for you at some point!

a 3 hour tour ...
a 3 hour tour ...

Hey, I didn't lay any claim to having anything remotely close to a hydrofoil in speed.. just that I'd have a vessel to do the trip. Besides, if I want speed I do what I'm doing this weekend. :D

Marvel, after what has happend to David, he is giving up diving. See the accident section on SB , flirishman started the thread there.

We should consider putting the trip into one of our names, either your's or mine.

Just let me know, so we can tell other's, I may have a few more coming also, how to join our group on this trip

he is exceedingly lucky to be alive, from what i have been able to piece together

maybe he's just shook up and he just needs time?

I think at this point the last thing is on his mind is diving, but he lost everything , and after talking with him yesturday, he has said he wouldn't be diving anymore, giving it up for good.

So at this point, either myself or Marvel should change the groups name, just waiting to hear back from her :wink:

I've been out of town on family business for the last week & a half without much internet access & even less time.....:( Just heard from someone else who is going on the trip!!! David spoke to his dive club about it & there are several people signing up. It looks as if we are going to easliy get our ten people at this rate. Who else is going? Anyone want to try for the whole boat (twenty spots)? :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom