Liveaboard Review Aliikai Voyage Raja Ampat Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubafitravers

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
In early March, my partner and I embarked on a 10-day journey aboard the Aliikai Voyage, and it was nothing short of spectacular. From the moment we arrived in Sorong a day prior to our departure, we were treated with exceptional hospitality. The crew greeted us in the morning and, within an hour of boarding, we were underway, and ready for an unforgettable adventure.

Service and Accommodations

The service on the Aliikai Voyage was outstanding from the start. We were welcomed with cool towels, fresh fruit, and refreshments. The crew took care of our luggage, placing it in our room promptly. The boat itself is stunning, with pristine white paint, ample cushion seating areas across three decks, and beautifully crafted wooden interiors. The bathrooms were well-lit and elegant, and the stern cabins boasted large balconies with lounge chairs, offering a perfect spot to relax. The beds were large and plush, with plenty of storage space underneath, ensuring our comfort throughout the trip.

Culinary Delights

One of the highlights of our trip was the food. Every meal was prepared by a skilled chef, who accommodated my celiac disease with extravagant gluten-free options. From handmade desserts and crepes for breakfast to traditional Indonesian dishes and huge lobster tails, every meal was a culinary delight. There was one large wooden table outside near the bow where we had family style meals, and a really cute breakfast area inside where meals would take place if it rained. The selection of alcohol and wine was impressive, further enhancing our dining experience.

Non-Diving Adventures

Despite being avid divers, we found the non-diving excursions equally enjoyable. The activities were thoughtfully designed, ensuring we didn’t feel like we were missing out on diving. We paddle-boarded, hiked to scenic vistas, explored cave paintings, snorkeled in a large cave, and enjoyed a beach party with live music and a beautifully set up venue. The crew transported us to nearby beaches whenever we wanted, setting up chairs and umbrellas, making each excursion relaxing and enjoyable.

Diving Experience

The diving was mind-blowing. The reef was bursting with life, fish everywhere, bright corals, anemones, you name it. Our dive master had an excellent eye for macro life, pointing out incredible seahorses, nudibranchs, and rare pipefish. We had multiple dives where four or five mantas would appear suddenly, which to me surpassed the dedicated manta cleaning station dive site. As experienced instructors, my partner and I appreciated the dive master's ability to balance guiding us while giving us the space to explore. With only nine people on board and three divers, the small group setting allowed for a personalized and flexible diving experience. The crew accommodated our varying dive preferences, allowing us to dive up to four times on some days and only two or three on others, always with a high level of care for our gear.

Highlights and Recommendations

The Aliikai Voyage was an incredible experience, highlighted by the exceptional crew, breathtaking dives, delectable food, and the beautiful boat. For those with flexible schedules, booking closer to the departure date can lead to significant discounts, as we discovered by booking just 1.5 weeks in advance. Overall, this liveaboard trip was a wonderful experience, and I highly recommend it to anyone seeking a perfect blend of adventure, relaxation, and top-notch service. I plan to do another trip with them as soon as I can!

Attachments

• 9AF1755D-7D0A-430D-85A6-D5937FCFBC65.JPG
    9AF1755D-7D0A-430D-85A6-D5937FCFBC65.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 18
  • ABEB284F-7802-4429-B3EF-0CA2CCACD44E.JPG
    ABEB284F-7802-4429-B3EF-0CA2CCACD44E.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 15
  • ECAEAB76-6061-40C8-91C2-86140722B48B.JPG
    ECAEAB76-6061-40C8-91C2-86140722B48B.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 16
  • SportDiver_20240306_074001.jpg
    SportDiver_20240306_074001.jpg