Dry Suit Inflation Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fdebuty

New
Reaction score
I am the team leader of a police dive unit in northern Alabama. Our city is situated on the bansk of the Tennessee River with a width of approx. one mile at our city. Even though we are in sunny Alabama, let me assure you that river gets cold in winter. Since we are a police dive unit, we are victims of government funding.....'nuff said. I bought (myself) for our team a used Poseidon Unisuit drysuit. It's an older suit but still functions well. What I am in desperate need of is an inflation hose for the darn thing. I have found a few for a couple million dollars (all new), so I paid a vist to some pneumatic hose experts here in town. I found out who manufacturers the coupling that goes on the end of the hose and tried to purchase the coupling so my expert buddies could make one for me...............no such luck. Does anybody know where I might pick one up at a price I (not the city) can afford? Feel free to e-mail me at:

fdebuty@decatur-al.gov

THANKS!

Welcome to SB, but this is the Intro forum, so your thread will be moved. Hope you'll come back here and Introduce yourself.

I'll ask Bob3 to look at your need. He's good at this sort of thingie. :D

fdebuty:
I am the team leader of a police dive unit in northern Alabama. Our city is situated on the bansk of the Tennessee River with a width of approx. one mile at our city. Even though we are in sunny Alabama, let me assure you that river gets cold in winter. Since we are a police dive unit, we are victims of government funding.....'nuff said. I bought (myself) for our team a used Poseidon Unisuit drysuit. It's an older suit but still functions well. What I am in desperate need of is an inflation hose for the darn thing. I have found a few for a couple million dollars (all new), so I paid a vist to some pneumatic hose experts here in town. I found out who manufacturers the coupling that goes on the end of the hose and tried to purchase the coupling so my expert buddies could make one for me...............no such luck. Does anybody know where I might pick one up at a price I (not the city) can afford? Feel free to e-mail me at:

fdebuty@decatur-al.gov

THANKS!

we have most every hose for most everything -- give us a call -- 928-855-9400 and let's see what we can do for you

JS1scuba:
we have most every hose for most everything -- give us a call -- 928-855-9400 and let's see what we can do for you

Hey Joel, I think he voted too!

Hey, is that the model with the zipper that runs down through the crotch?
Viking hoses are compatible with the Poseidon inflators too.
When getting old used Poseidon hoses, be sure to check the end that screws into the regulator, some were for the old "G1/8" straight UK pipe thread.
New ones use 3/8" ...
Depending on what year the suit is, you may be able to get a $10 nipple to change it over to the [in my opinion inferior] US style connection.
(careful with the nipples though, it's a special critter, not to be confused with the common pipe thread ones)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom