Doing rebreather class next year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am going with a unit because my local dive shop can service them. The training is not from the local shop as they do not offer the class for CCR let alone any tec classes.
Still doesn't matter. You're stuck with a unit that's full of proprietary hollis parts. One of the big criteria for ccr diving imo is ability to do some moderate repairs on the unit on your own. The unit I own, I can replace/repair counterlungs, some parts in the head, computers, the entire loop, the bov very easily on my own. Only thing I can't do much with is the internals in the head. Add to that most of the parts I'm referring to can be purchased very easily. Lastly, the owner of the company producing my unit can be contacted via phone call or email very easily and quickly if there's any issues.

Still doesn't matter. You're stuck with a unit that's full of proprietary hollis parts. One of the big criteria for ccr diving imo is ability to do some moderate repairs on the unit on your own. The unit I own, I can replace/repair counterlungs, some parts in the head, computers, the entire loop, the bov very easily on my own. Only thing I can't do much with is the internals in the head. Add to that most of the parts I'm referring to can be purchased very easily. Lastly, the owner of the company producing my unit can be contacted via phone call or email very easily and quickly if there's any issues.
What unit is that?

And I would not want you as a instructor! Glad we cleared that up… Any ways that sounds like a fun and Interesting dive to bad you are trying to **** all over my post as you support them literally doing the same thing! It will be Interesting reading about tho!
If you think bragging is the same as preparing a shipwreck to maximize the archaeological data, I don't know where to begin. Good luck to you. I'm out.

If you think bragging is the same as preparing a shipwreck to maximize the archaeological data, I don't know where to begin. Good luck to you. I'm out.
It dont matter the reason. At the end of the day every single one of us is taking a risk we really do not have to be taking. And yes they are also doing it for some bragging rights and to think other wise is just being naive.

After reading a few responses, this sounds like I read posts before. Yes, the bicycle style scuba air compressor. Youtube videos can't lie, this thing has to be incredible. We all say junk, but there are videos saying how good it is.

Now I am seeing posts about wanting to dive 500 feet, for no other reason than bragging rights.
I would love to be on the boat in 10 years when you start bragging that " I dove to 500' before" and there are some real tech divers, ex commercial divers, that look at you like an idiot. So you did a 500' bounce dive? There are people out there who have done 600' for good reasons. Cave exploration, oil rig work, ship salvage. And you are trying to impress them with a I am super diver attitude.

There is too much ego in you little grasshopper. I suggest you put this enthusasim into something like being a politician. They thrive on having a big ego.

I would avoid diving with you and you attitude at all costs.

After reading a few responses, this sounds like I read posts before. Yes, the bicycle style scuba air compressor. Youtube videos can't lie, this thing has to be incredible. We all say junk, but there are videos saying how good it is.

Now I am seeing posts about wanting to dive 500 feet, for no other reason than bragging rights.
I would love to be on the boat in 10 years when you start bragging that " I dove to 500' before" and there are some real tech divers, ex commercial divers, that look at you like an idiot. So you did a 500' bounce dive? There are people out there who have done 600' for good reasons. Cave exploration, oil rig work, ship salvage. And you are trying to impress them with a I am super diver attitude.

There is too much ego in you little grasshopper. I suggest you put this enthusasim into something like being a politician. They thrive on having a big ego.

I would avoid diving with you and you attitude at all costs.
🤣 sounds like you are drunk or narc you might want to get some help since you clearly can not read very good…

Don't feed it.
I also find it really cute how most of the forums are suppose to be judgment free/on topic such as this one yet you a mod offered nothing to the actual questions and topic at hand…

I also find it really cute how most of the forums are suppose to be judgment free/on topic such as this one yet you a mod offered nothing to the actual questions and topic at hand…
Here’s the thing. There are two possibilities. You are either a troll or you aren’t.

If you are a troll, ha ha, very cute, whatever.

If not, just stop for a minute to think about what you have done here. You are hoping to get involved in a highly technical, challenging and potentially deadly activity. There are people here with a massive amount of experience in this field, and I’ll bet that most of them have lost a friend or two doing it - I certainly have. People who could be a terrific resources for you as you start your long journey.

You post something that is guaranteed to trigger virtually every serious rebreather diver, and then you mouth off when you get the predictable blowback.

It would be tiresome to type out all of the reasons why “I wanna brag to randos on a dive boat” is an awful reason to dive to 500 feet. But let me just say this.

I would bet that there isn’t one person who is capable of safely diving to 500 feet who would consider that an acceptable reason for diving to 500 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom