DIR- Generic Does the ScubaPro S-Tek Pro BPW Meet Standards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Scubapro kit subject of the op has this feature without using an extra add-on part. You can easily adjust the straps by pulling on waist straps outward. Very well thought out system (despite what the know-nothing crowd say).
Understood. However, the poster is asking in the DIR forum if it will be acceptable for GUE Fundamentals. The Scubapro adjustable will 100% fail the equipment check. The Scubapro Pure harness will pass without problem. The Halcyon cinch will get an instructor comment as to why do you need this?...LOL

Understood. However, the poster is asking in the DIR forum if it will be acceptable for GUE Fundamentals. The Scubapro adjustable will 100% fail the equipment check. The Scubapro Pure harness will pass without problem. The Halcyon cinch will get an instructor comment as to why do you need this?...LOL

Only from half of them. The other half give you side eye. I had one on my plate for a long time. The quick adjust crotch strap that comes with the kit is super money. That’s the thing that needs adjusted the most when changing exposure suits in my experience

You misunderstood me, I am talking about the "Pure" harness not the "Pro." The "Pro" has the adjustable shoulder straps when the "Pure" you can "cinch" or loosen the waist straps by either pulling on them or pulling on the should strap while all are still one piece webbing. Watch this video starting at 11:16:

@Ez E not sure this has been mentioned, if you really feel like you need an adjustable harness, get the Halcyon with the cinch system, because when you realize that it isn’t needed, it can easily be removed and it’ll then be identical to the system which does not come with it, no modifications or adapters needed, in fact the cinch is the modification and adapters to the simpler system, this will be much cheaper on the long run.
And if you end up using the cinch, well, then you’ll have the better option anyway.

Something else I think hasn’t been mentioned, on the Halcyon system, it comes with the back pouch storage system, one of my favorite features, you can easily store a big 6’ SMB there and it’s not like you’re even carrying it, super convenient.

Some people like the deluxe harness pad, I didn’t care for it, like the cinch, after a while I removed it all, and the padded version of the back storage pack is a bit harder to store the SMB btw.

Only from half of them. The other half give you side eye. I had one on my plate for a long time. The quick adjust crotch strap that comes with the kit is super money. That’s the thing that needs adjusted the most when changing exposure suits in my experience
Me too. The plate, along with ACB pockets and shoulder pads sits in my Traverse Bag. At least I found a use for that bag...

You misunderstood me, I am talking about the "Pure" harness not the "Pro." The "Pro" has the adjustable shoulder straps when the "Pure" you can "cinch" or loosen the waist straps by either pulling on them or pulling on the should strap while all are still one piece webbing. Watch this video starting at 11:16:

Ah ok, it functions like the Halcyon cinch but is built in rather than the bolt on plate.

Ah ok, it functions like the Halcyon cinch but is built in rather than the bolt on plate.
You can also do this with any BP, as long as you put the tri-glides on the outside of the waist belt. Looks like it would get in the way of the canister light, though.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom