DIR- Generic Does the ScubaPro S-Tek Pro BPW Meet Standards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Ez E not sure this has been mentioned, if you really feel like you need an adjustable harness, get the Halcyon with the cinch system, because when you realize that it isn’t needed, it can easily be removed and it’ll then be identical to the system which does not come with it, no modifications or adapters needed, in fact the cinch is the modification and adapters to the simpler system, this will be much cheaper on the long run.
And if you end up using the cinch, well, then you’ll have the better option anyway.

Something else I think hasn’t been mentioned, on the Halcyon system, it comes with the back pouch storage system, one of my favorite features, you can easily store a big 6’ SMB there and it’s not like you’re even carrying it, super convenient.

Some people like the deluxe harness pad, I didn’t care for it, like the cinch, after a while I removed it all, and the padded version of the back storage pack is a bit harder to store the SMB btw.

@Pavao … do you work in sales or social media marketing at Halcyon or get commission from them? 😂

It really is a great forum. Great info. And great jerkish responses. But that is to be expected from the purists.

Im learning so I appreciate the great info more than the “you HAVE to do this or you are dumb and wasting money” responses.

It really is a great forum. Great info. And great jerkish responses. But that is to be expected from the purists.

Im learning so I appreciate the great info more than the “you HAVE to do this or you are dumb and wasting money” responses.

A bit of an obvious question … Have you considered postponing your purchase decision until after Fundies ?

Especially since they will lend you the appropriate gear for the class.

A bit of an obvious question … Have you considered postponing your purchase decision until after Fundies ?

Especially since they will lend you the appropriate gear for the class.

Its been a consideration yes. Im buying the SP setup regardless but fundies will show me what harness I want or need.

And I am a bit stubborn and sometimes its takes ME personally what I need to get or buy. A lot of times it costs me more money but I always end up where I want/need to be.

Slightly on topic. If I take(and pass) fundies. Is it cool if I rock a GUE sticker on my cooler and garage beer fridge? Asking for a friend 🙈

Kind of figured you were dead set on the SP setup. Now, what fins are you going to use?...LOL

Please tell me I dont have to buy Jet Fins. Mine are Tusa. Not sure on the model without looking.

Its been a consideration yes. Im buying the SP setup regardless but fundies will show me what harness I want or need.

And I am a bit stubborn and sometimes its takes ME personally what I need to get or buy. A lot of times it costs me more money but I always end up where I want/need to be.

I suppose that sums up most of us, whether its cars, watches or scuba gear. We buy what we like.

I watched the video about the S-Tek from earlier in the thread.

My take … the S-Tek backplate is a thing of beauty and very well thought out. The rest of the S-Tek though … the harness, fancy D-rings, sliders, the SP logoed loops, bits and bobs 🙄 … and weight pockets that need to be screwed onto the backplate instead of just putting them on a tank strap … I pass.

The same goes for the in your face Halcyon “H” stuff 🪿

Give me generic harness webbing in a stiffness I’m happy with, good 316 stainless steel hardware, a wing that’s slim and not over bulky, my favourite tank straps and I will set up my own BP/W for much less moola and be happier too.

I get used bike tubes for free $$$ from the local bike shop and I actually like finding good uses for them: Scuba gear, tree planting ties etc.

Whether it’s Scubapro, Halcyon or Apeks, I don’t like looking like a billboard. I find it Just Crass.

My 2psi 😂

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom