DIR- Generic Does the ScubaPro S-Tek Pro BPW Meet Standards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please tell me I dont have to buy Jet Fins. Mine are Tusa. Not sure on the model without looking.
You will have to ask your instructor. I had a pair of Tusa fins which were not compliant. I bought Apeks RK3s for Fundies. However, RK3s are really floppy and ended up with Jet Fins. Everybody here has given you good advice. I would suggest watching this playlist on YouTube:

and weight pockets that need to be screwed onto the backplate instead of just putting them on a tank strap

Trim pockets on the tank strap suck. You’re constantly fighting them when you change tanks and they’re way to high up.

Trim pockets on the tank strap suck. You’re constantly fighting them when you change tanks and they’re way to high up.

Then put them on the lower tank strap or, as I do, on both tank straps and distribute the weight according to your body shape’s buoyancy. KISS

You will have to ask your instructor. I had a pair of Tusa fins which were not compliant. I bought Apeks RK3s for Fundies. However, RK3s are really floppy and ended up with Jet Fins. Everybody here has given you good advice. I would suggest watching this playlist on YouTube:

If need be screw it. Im a SP fan if you havent already noticed. 😂

Maybe this thread would be good to post ALL of the approved or required items. Initially I thought it was just BPW, long hose, SMB and the strap for your alternate.

Im now learning possibly fins and more that I am sure Im missing. I dont mind buying fins as mine were a temporary solution to fill the need of my original fins that were lost in a move. I hope my mask is good(2 frameless atomic venoms).

Now that we have covered that one thing I must say. These guys seem great. Long, well thought out and not the least judgmental email responses. Reiterating that you are coming to take a class and learn the “right way”. I was slightly hesitant after reading some of the harsher responses here. Thinking “ Is this the community I really want to be a part of?”
Aww shucks, you're making us blush!

Look forward to welcoming you at our events and having you join a class when our visiting instructor program returns in 2025.

Maybe this thread would be good to post ALL of the approved or required items. Initially I thought it was just BPW, long hose, SMB and the strap for your alternate.

Im now learning possibly fins and more that I am sure Im missing. I dont mind buying fins as mine were a temporary solution to fill the need of my original fins that were lost in a move. I hope my mask is good(2 frameless atomic venoms).
Here is a link to the equipment configuration you need. Also, take a look at the videos series I linked:

@Pavao … do you work in sales or social media marketing at Halcyon or get commission from them? 😂
No on all 3. I have been helped graciously by Halcyon however, I was asked to test product at least once for them, but I have zero connection with the company, besides knowing some people who works there.

But I can say the same thing about Scubapro, in fact all my gear is mostly Scubapro and Halcyon.

In one particular case, the Halcyon plate isn’t ideal for me, for that, I use the previous version of the Scubapro plate, I have yet a 3rd application where this new version of plate from Scubapro may be the better option, but I haven’t tested that yet.

So, my recommendation here is based on the OP’s need, not my bias, I feel I’ve explained objectively well why one is a better choice over the other.

Please show us on this doll where Halcyon hurt you so bad!

Here is a link to the equipment configuration you need. Also, take a look at the videos series I linked:

I watched the first. I need to make my way through the rest. Thank you.

Just got home to a bunch of tree limbs down and power outage 🙄

Aww shucks, you're making us blush!

Look forward to welcoming you at our events and having you join a class when our visiting instructor program returns in 2025.

I give credit where credit is due. Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom