Do you wear your "rings" diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I normally wear my wedding band because I always wear gloves. Well the water was quite warm a few weeks ago, so I decided to go without gloves. Came back up, took off my BC pulled my hands out of the drysuit seals and noticed my wedding band gone!

A couple of buddies and I went down and did a U-pattern and my buddy found the darn thing. There were at least 12 OW students down there kickign up the bottom I was amazed we found it. I found a nice coil lanyard while I was down there as well, so I came out $15 ahead :wink: . The whole time during the 40 minute search dive, I was wondering what time the jewlery store closed that day, so I could pick up a new one before my wife found out. :wink:

After that, my wedding band stays at home on my dive days.

I generally wear my wedding ring while diving (mine fits pretty tight even when cold). My wife doesn't. In fact, if we go on vacation she generally leaves it at home and she wears fake stuff she got for travel.

I wear mine all the time but if I lost it, after 33 years, big deal.

Wow, this is an old thread!

When I first started diving I found a ring sitting up in the sand just like a jewelers showcase. I turned it in to the police but no one claimed it and I got it after about 30 days I think. It appraised at $1200.

you still got the ring DD???

i use to wear my diamond rings but i just had my wedding band remodelled (14 new diamonds) so now i leave them in the safe and wear a plain gold wedding band that i inheritated

i wear gloves while diving but was worried about knocking the setting and loosing the claws

i suggest leaving them at home, nice and safetly locked up and pick up a plain band for dive trips

cheers

I don't wear any rings when I dive. On my honeymoon many years ago my new spouse (now ex) got mad at me that I wasn't wearing either my engagement ring or wedding ring when we went snorkeling. I replied would you rather I lose them in the Pacific? Spouse ran back to the room to take wedding ring off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom