Can O-Ring Gurus Please Check my Save A Dive and Maintenance order

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timmyjane

Contributor
Reaction score
Order list attached as a file.

I am gathering my o rings to keep on hand for save a dive and to perform my own maintenance. I currently have 4 G250s, 3 150(6)s, 4 MK10s, a MK18, and a MK25. I have gone through everything I can find and have made my cart. I have an order ready at OringsAndMore.com and thought that would be the best place to since they have the 2.2 x 1 orings needed for the poppets. Could some of you gurus take a look at my order and let me know your thoughts and if I should change, delete, or add anything.

Thanks for all the hard work and information contained in the ScubaPro O-Ring thread.

Attachments

• Oring Order.pdf
    363.6 KB · Views: 51
@Timmyjane,

Does your kit have a couple of O-rings each for the reg-to-cylinder O-ring (a 3,500 psig cylinder will require a different size), valve-to-1st stage O-rings (yoke/A-clamp and DIN are different), LP and HP 1st stage port plug O-rings, and those little HP O-rings for your SPG "spool"?

rx7diver

@Timmyjane,

Does your kit have a couple of O-rings each for the reg-to-cylinder O-ring (a 3,500 psig cylinder will require a different size), valve-to-1st stage O-rings (yoke/A-clamp and DIN are different), LP and HP 1st stage port plug O-rings, and those little HP O-rings for your SPG "spool"?

rx7diver
I believe that is 111 112 014 010 011 012 and 003. Yes, I have those on the order. I think I have all in Viton for the 90A hardness.

Don't buy o-rings for HP spools. Buy replacement spools. They are $1.50 and a LOT easier to change in a boat 15 minutes before a dive.

Same with poppet o-rings, etc. Just get a spares kit for the reg in question. There are more than o-rings in many regulator kits, so just get the kits.

Don't buy o-rings for HP spools. Buy replacement spools. They are $1.50 and a LOT easier to change in a boat 15 minutes before a dive.

Same with poppet o-rings, etc. Just get a spares kit for the reg in question. There are more than o-rings in many regulator kits, so just get the kits.

I thought the same thing about the spools which I have ordered a couple of to have on hand. The 003s were 75 cents for the minimum order of 25 so I included it. Probably won't ever use them but for less than $1 I figured why not.

Once you know about the fitment trick, those fiddly little -003's take seconds to fit even the 90 Shore A!
Lubricate the new o-ring, put the poppet in an appropriate 1/4" drive socket and use the extension piece as a handle.
Put the o-ring on a pencil eraser, push the poppet onto the o-ring at an angle and it usually goes straight on!

I thought the same thing about the spools ...
My three SPG's (Scubapro) were purchased new ca. 1987. I have never replaced their HP spools. However, I have had to service their spool O-rings (whenever I see tiny bubbles emanating from there). Note: I seldom dive salt water.

rx7diver

My three SPG's (Scubapro) were purchased new ca. 1987. I have never replaced their HP spools. However, I have had to service their spool O-rings (whenever I see tiny bubbles emanating from there). Note: I seldom dive salt water.

rx7diver
Did you have to clean the spool? They get pretty crusty after a couple hundred dives. Even with an ultrasonic i don't think thry look so great. Better to replace these, i guess unless you only dive fresh water.

Did you have to clean the spool? ...
Whenever I service the spool O-rings, I will clean the spool as soon as convenient. I use Simple Green and a toothbrush. (I don't have access to an ultrasonic washer.)

rx7diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom