Do you wear your "rings" diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I learned my lesson in the Bahamas last fall when I lost a gold bracelet. Why risk it? Take off your jewelry. 'Specially cause barracuda love shiny things! Don't ask me how I know this.

how do you know that?

:wink:

H2Andy:
how do you know that?

She told you not to ask!!! :crafty:

My wedding band is laminated to my finger (takes two people & a bottle of Windex to get it off), but I always leave my diamond in the room safe. The ones that you lock with your credit card that most places have now seem pretty secure to me.

I agree with not removing it for the dive and leaving it on the boat. My hubby just lost his waterskiing - he took it off for the actual ski run, then put it back on and lost it opening a beer. He's so upset, you would think he lost me instead :-(

Congrats on your upcomming mariage. My husband & I went to Tahiti on our honeymoon in Aug '02.FP is BEAUTIFUL!! If your hotel does not have a safety deposit box....don't bring your jewelery. Some places do not allow gloves(I wore them anyway) but would hate to have to take them off and lose the ring!!Have agreat time!!! Lots of black tip sharks and Sea Turtles!!

We both wear "alternate" bands and leave the ones with the stones at home. We also wear gloves diving. I wouldn't want to take a deco stop on a mooring line without gloves. Ugh!

If you must, wear gloves. But I strongly advise you to leave them in a safe place and not wear them diving. The first time I went diving, my ring that my friend gave me slid off and was eaten by a fish O___o''' A funny story, but nothing you'd want happening to you

H2Andy:
how do you know that?

Let's just say my friends call me "Van Gogh". :D

No, really, I did not have my ear biten off by a barracuda, but I did go on a dive wearing my Mom's diamond dangly earrings, and I had a scare that made me have an accident in my wetsuit!

Or....maybe that was no accident. But anyway, it was scary. Hold me.

I don't bring jewelry on a dive trip period. Just one more thing to worry worry about. Lock the rings in the safe. Why wear a lure on your finger, ears, etc.? Barracuda do love shiny things! With compression at depth the ring may be lost and she will never know it's missing until she surfaces. Congrats on the nuptials.

SueMermaid:
... and I had a scare that made me have an accident in my wetsuit!

hahahaha... say no more :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom