Do you like diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like to do the skills. I like to look at the fishies. I like to work on my kit. Heck, I like loading it into the truck. I like blending the gasses. I like hanging out at the dive shop. I like reading and posting on ScubaBoard. I like learning more about diving by reading books, or web articles. I like learning more about diving by watching my betters. I like learning more about diving by taking classes. I like the talk before and after the dive. I like helping nOObs, and watching them be nervous, and then seeing them light up at the simplest things underwater. I like watching experienced divers kit up so naturally that it's second nature. I like taking pictures and finding junk underwater. I like planning deco profiles. I like hanging on the line. I like it that I don't get bored on a long hang. I like the boat rides to and from the dive site. I like planning a trip. I like doing the math. I like surface intervals. I like good vis and warm water. I love bad vis and cold water.

Yes, I like diving.

I'm still trying to figure a way out to spend more time underwater. And it isn't about what I see there either. It's all about breathing through a reg and the sensation of being underwater. Every major purchase I've made in the past 3 years has been diving related. I even bought a 2nd house because of diving!

And it's very much like Rick. I put a lot of things off because of dive related things. Sometimes I'll just go in the garage and rearrange the gear!

i'm like the op.. i love that i can work underwater blowing bubbles and floating around.. and i totally love helping people get the most out of there diving

especially here in Cairns were the majority of divers are either learning OW or are just diving on holidays and havnt been diving for a few years, to help these guys out in little ways is very rewarding for me

As a newbie, I'm still finding my way in the water. I always dreamt of being an astronaut and I have found a way to get that same feeling of weightlessness. I am definitely hooked in every way imaginable! Who knew compressed air could be so addictive? Looking at all the people I have met so far, I definitely did not make a bad choice!

ONWARD, DOWNWARD, and into the BLUE!

--Carolyn

I'll put my hand up too being hooked.

I LIKE WATER BETTER THEN LAND,

sometimes i decend back first really slowly just to watch the sun fade and feel the water move me..... PURE bliss

diverdiane:
I love it. The sensations are fantastic. When I was a kid I always dreamed I could fly-that is what diving feels like to me.

That is so funny, because I used to do the same thing...I would fly around and actually see people below me...what an imagination! So I always, always, wanted to be a bird...and then I went sky-diving. It was great, but I decided I'd rather be a fish...and here I am!

That is my favorite part of diving, I love the feeling of freedom. Nothing beats the silence and the weightlessness.

I dive cold so I have not had the chance to see an abundance of life. Once we hit Sodwana I might change my tune a little.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom