Do you like diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swampdogg:
Yesterday, I ended my season with finning along the bottom for the entire length of the pool 5 times.

If you did that on one breath you're my idol . . . and I'll buy your book.

For me diving is like someone takes a six foot hypodermic needle, sticks it in the top of my head, right in the soft spot, and extracts every bit of stress I happen to have accumulated since my last dive.

What a great feeling!

I've enjoyed all your answers. They are a varied as the people posting them. They give me an insight that transfoms screen names into a scuba community.

Thanks

My wife can't understand it but I am the diver that is completely happy with dropping below the water and reclining and sitting still. I am hooked on being under the water, not what I see persay. Sure, I like to see fish, and stuff underwater but just the idea of getting underwater is enough. I am one that doesn't mind Low-vis or even No vis. I like to hear the sound of the air flowing and the bubble that follow closley behind. Matter of fact I love to watch videos that others have made that have the sound of the dive included.

I did find a new enjoyment of Ocean dives in Makaha Caverns as the ocean surge jettisoned me out of a cavern I was in. Is it weird that the fish didn't amaze me, the turtles were cool but the water's movement and the feeling of being in some control of the uncontrolable water that gets me. I am just as happy laying at the bottom of the pool though. Hard to explain but I have to say I am addicted to the Dive not the marine life.

Retro:
If you did that on one breath you're my idol . . . and I'll buy your book.

Before you start any sort or ceremonial worship, I swam under water the length of the pool 5 separate times with one breath each, not 5 lengths on one breath. And with writing like that, why on earth would you want to buy my book? :wink:

I still plan on buying the book.

I really was curious about the distance underwater because I can do one length but that's about it - although I will swim down to the bottom of the deep end in the process.

I love just being underwater. I have dove with 25-30' vis and here lately the vis has been 3' max. But I love diving and I like different vis levels. Because I feel the different environments you dive the more you learn. I want to learn as much as I can.

Retro:
I still plan on buying the book.

I really was curious about the distance underwater because I can do one length but that's about it - although I will swim down to the bottom of the deep end in the process.

It is an Olympic size pool, so a length is 25 yards...and I had fins to motor quickly, making it even less of an impressive feat.

And thanks for buying the book, I think you will like it, but let me know either way.

Olympic is 50 meters if I remember correctly. So you are doing yourself an injustice if you swam 50 and call it 25 :)

Back
Top Bottom