Do you wear a dive watch? (not computer)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have moved towards using a dive watch. On the many shallow dives I make where NDL is simply not a consideration, it is now all I use. On deeper dives I use it in conjunction with a computer.

I have an Omega Seamaster Pro ceramic (blue) that is too shiney to dive and does desk and formal duties….and what I do wear (in addition to my dive computer and backup dive computer) is my beloved

Citizen Pro Diver Royal Marine Commando special edition. Titanium case with DLC coating, sapphire crystal, solar powered. Light and tough. And I’ve put it on a Zulu diver NATO strap as much preferred to originally DLC bracelet (and safer due to NATO retention method). The lume is epic too at night!

It’s really not necessary for me to wear but I think it looks great underwater and nice to see it in its intended habitat. I had one comment from my buddy once “are you really gonna wear that?” but I’m at the age where I am enjoying not giving a toss what other people (especially life long friends!) think!

IMG_2149.jpeg
IMG_2145.jpeg

I have an Omega Seamaster Pro ceramic (blue) that is too shiney to dive and does desk and formal duties….and what I do wear (in addition to my dive computer and backup dive computer) is my beloved

Citizen Pro Diver Royal Marine Commando special edition. Titanium case with DLC coating, sapphire crystal, solar powered. Light and tough. And I’ve put it on a Zulu diver NATO strap as much preferred to originally DLC bracelet (and safer due to NATO retention method). The lume is epic too at night!

It’s really not necessary for me to wear but I think it looks great underwater and nice to see it in its intended habitat. I had one comment from my buddy once “are you really gonna wear that?” but I’m at the age where I am enjoying not giving a toss what other people (especially life long friends!) think!

View attachment 837138View attachment 837139
That is just elegant!

I always wear a dive watch (in addition to two dive computers). Old habit from diving before computers, but I still like having an analog device as a backup. Tag Heuer, Aquagraph, Calibre 60 (good to 500 meters. Yes, you read that correctly).

Attachments

• DSCN1329.jpeg
    DSCN1329.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 23
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 28
YES! I've had such an unhealthy obsession with mech dive watches long before I began diving. I sometimes think I pursued diving as a way to justify it. My collection, as far as I can remember...
  • Seiko 5 (3)
  • Tag Heuer Aquaracer (2)
  • IWC Aquatimer
  • Rolex Submariner (3)
  • Oris Aquis Chronograph w/Depth Gauge
  • Omega Seamaster (3)
  • Panerai Submersible
Currently in process of procuring Rolex Sea-Dweller(126600) and Bühlmann Decompression 01.

My favorite by far is the Oris w/the depth gauge. There is a small hole at 12 o'clock where water fills into a tube that traces around the dial that indicates the depth. I cross-checked it several times with my dive computer and it is pretty darn accurate. But legibility becomes a challenge when you're not in diving in the tropics with a completely clear sky and bright afternoon sun overhead.

And yes, I have taken them all diving. Wrist shot with my latest piece (excuse the crappy GoPro quality)

GOPR0670_1705513508175.png

P3080071_Nik_DxO.jpg
P7170338_Nik_DxO.jpg

My old watches.. I am much more likely to have a more 20 yrs old Tissot Seastar 100 Auto my wife gave me when we got engaged, with fairly frequent rotation in of a glycine bronze combat auto (great deal on them a few years ago when Invictia bought Glycine and cleared out the pre Invicta stock) or some non dive watches

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom