Do you like diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, I don't "like" diving. I love, love, love diving!!! :D I just wish I could get out more often but that is all going to change very soon!!!!! :luxhello:

Words don't really accurately describe how much I love to dive. I'm unhappy if I have a weekend when I don't dive, ocean, spring, lake, whatever! I also love the way it completely clears my head. When I dive I don't think about anything apart from the dive and it's so refreshing. After a day of diving I am physically tired but mentally refreshed.

I love to be able to talk about the dive with my buddies after, about what we saw and what we learnt.

Yes.
It is a completely unique environment and fun to learn it. Although akin to flying I think diving is very different. For one thing far more precise, I like subtleties and finesse. Figuring out to how to work it, to work for me. It’s alive and like (horse) riding, within some predictability, ever changeable.

Yes I love diving for the sake of diving.

If we see or find something that's a bonus. Just being neutral in the water column and away from the real world is joy beyond my wildest dreams.

Pete

It's the only way to "legally" fly!

When I'm in the zone, cruising along with minimal effort, no noise except for my bubbles (or some of the ocean critters noise) and just enjoying life, I'm in heaven!

YES...I LIKE IT!

I like to get away from the job and the cell. My wife can't claim that I am not listening when we dive together either!

I like the phrase "contempt of nature" that was used earlier.

For me the attraction is equal parts sightseeing, enjoyable gadgets, and contempt of nature.

The actual act of swimming I don't like so much. I don't even like swimming pools. Fortunately once you are under, it doesn't feel like swimming to me.

I'm new here and I really love this thread. Did I hear some of you get in the bathtub and laundry sink??? I thought I saw a picture here somewhere of someone in the bathtub, but I thought I just wasn't seeing it right. :rofl3: I don't feel bad anymore for wanting to get in my little Koi pond in the back yard. :bablefish

good topic.....

for me diving is liberating......free from the stresses of everyday norm. I love entering 'another world' and love just being in the water ie whether is scuba or just free diving with mask and fins......
it is probably the only time when i 'feel' free.........

Back
Top Bottom