Do you like diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love it. I, too, would still want to dive even if I was blind. (Heck, most of the dives around here are pretty much that way with the vis.) I LOVE the motion of water, the sounds that are created by the bubbles, creatures and wave movement. There is something liberating, freeing- a moment to be self-absorbed and aware of others all at the same time.
There isn't a better feeling than when you hit something just right- you are perfectly still, just sweeping with the movement of the water itself. I like the quiet too... the fact that there is someone else there to share it with is nice also.

Lately, I haven't done much teaching out in open water- but it's been nice to remember what the feelings are like when I'm just doing it because I want to... even though I LOVE watching/guiding new divers too.

I spent the last 15-20 minutes of nearly every dive for seven years practicing drills. I've only done one valve drill in the past 200 dives since reverting to simply looking/photographing marine life. The past year has been the best year of diving I've ever had. I'm comfortable with my skills. I'll leave the drills to the Fundies grads

To answer your question: I will dive every weekend in our local lake (which is nasty, viz in the 2-5' range, water temp of 40-50*, and absolutely nothing to look at) just so i can log a dive and get wet.

I didn't mean to imply one had to do drills . . . I was just trying to say that, even without anything to look at, just the ability to BE there, move around, sit still and do things underwater is way fun all by itself.

I was hooked 20 years ago when I first took a breath on a regulator under the surface of the pool. My biggest excitement is diving seconded only with looking forward to my next dive. I'm a little land locked but get out there at least once a month. I also like to share my diving with friends with pictures taken on the last trip. Yep - even my screen name everywhere is diving.

Thanks TS & M - great thread

Heck, I'm hooked so bad I still like looking at my old OW books and videos when I can't dive, just to see someone else diving :D . Since the first time I walked into my LDS,purchased my first gear and to my first class and pool dives, I'm hooked! Love it..

DawgDiver:
To answer your question: I will dive every weekend in our local lake (which is nasty, viz in the 2-5' range, water temp of 40-50*, and absolutely nothing to look at) just so i can log a dive and get wet.
the vis was all the way up to 15 ft saturday at the mudhole. but was low 40s.

as long as im underwater im in my happy place,my only regret is taking the 90s off from diving,lack of dive buddies,raising kids ect,but thanks to scubaboard i now have more dive buddies than i will ever be able to dive with,but i will do my best to dive with as many of you as i can.

I have spent a whole dive at the anchor line just watching a kelp forest with different species of fish moving in & out of it. I didn't even move 5 feet. I just hovered & watched the show. I had a great sac rate that dive.

Back
Top Bottom