Diving Vacation Advice Needed; what would you do??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have an extra day and want to give a spring dive a try, I think Blue Springs would be the closest one to you. However, you have to have a dive buddy cause solo diving is not allowed. You don't have to be cave certified because the cavern is a straight shot down to about 65 ft that can be done without the use of a dive light. The water in the springs almost always has great visibility. Most people would say that it is not as good as an ocean dive, but I have done some Jupiter dives that weren't as fun. Plus, you don't have to pay a charter. If you post on this board for the date you plan to dive, I'm sure you can find a dive buddy if you don't have one.

I know a group of guys that go spearfishing all the time off New Smyrna and Daytona. They almost always come back with some great fish, but they have their own boat. They say that they occasionally see some charters that go out, so if you do some research in the area, you may be able to find some. Good luck.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom