Diving timepieces - split from A New Piece Of Diving Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear a Seiko Automatic with a Maratac band and no dive computer.

If a watch is good enough for Mike Nelson, it's good enough for me.

A tudor submariner. Despite being a software engineer I believe in having a very reliable backup to my computer :)

stopped wearing the old Time Ironman when the alarm quit working. Sacrificed an old Seiko dive watch to the scuba gods (it's near the Friedrickstad pier on St. Croix if no one's found it in the past 17 years). Now I wear a computer on each wrist. Not as fashionable as the Sea Dweller but much more practical. Then again, I insist on a comfortable & flattering bikini when I dive but otherwise give up on fashion.

I have worn a Tag (WB1111-R) for over 15 yrs. Not the most expensive model but it hasn't let me down ever. I think one feature to consider on any dive watch is the band - even on a cheap watch you should make sure the band is not going to come off easily. I typically use the bezel for timing my dive - just in case my dive computer would fail.

I wear a G-Shock in hot pink that also lights up hot pink. Can't wait to see it underwater :)

Freestyle Hammerhead. has back light... 660 ft stamped twice on the case, a dive flag and 20ATM H2O on the face. (you can also find them with 200 meters... but.. 20ATM sounds more cooler don't you think?) :dork2:

lol

+1 on the Hammerhead. I bought mine at the LL Bean employee store for $7 five or so years ago. The dive flag on the face is backwards, but I doubt that's why it ended up in the employee store.

I use a sundial and a compass. It requires no batteries and its good to around 60'. I use it to pick up chicks :wink:

Attachments

• sundial-compass-spirit-level-All-in-one-time-pi.jpg
    sundial-compass-spirit-level-All-in-one-time-pi.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 66
I used to use a $20 Casio wrist watch.

Now I use a Suunto D3 wrist watch. It's really just a bottom timer with stopwatch and logging functions.

I went from wearing a wrist watch and a bulky depth gauge, to only wearing a Suunto D3 bottom timer.

If I had to do it again, I would have gotten the Uwatec bottom timer because it will give you real-time average depth on the fly. This allows you to do gas and deco computations in your head a little easier. The Uwatec also gives you actual depth and logs your dives.

In order to get average depth with the Suunto, you have to wait for the dive to end.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom