Diving timepieces - split from A New Piece Of Diving Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive with my Citizen Hyper Aqualand - great backup to my computer & also very wearable as a watch; too bad it's been discontinued.

Freestyle Hammerhead. has back light... 660 ft stamped twice on the case, a dive flag and 20ATM H2O on the face. (you can also find them with 200 meters... but.. 20ATM sounds more cooler don't you think?) :dork2:

lol

I'm not that into watches so I have a Timex Helio (depth and time) that I use if I've forgotten my computer or it needs batteries or whatever. Otherwise, I take it off before the dive if I'm even wearing a watch and just use dive computer (s) for that purpose.

Most dive watches wouldn't fit around my drysuit anyway.

I wear a $9.99 plastic, glow in the dark watch I bought at Wally's about four years ago. Same battery, good for at least 130 feet and keeps on tickin'. Best ten dollars I ever spent. Wish I'd bought two of them. (I use it to tell the time.)

I use my dive watch to augment the computer for just in case the computer died, I'd at least know how long I've been underwater so that I can calculate my pressure group for the next dive.

What watch do I use? Depends on my mood. Sometimes I dive with my $150 Seiko automatic. Sometimes I dive with my $6400 Rolex Sea Dweller. Sometimes I go with my $3200 Omega Seamaster Professional. Sometimes I use my console computer and use my wrist computer as a dive watch. Sometimes I don't use any watch at all.

A not-too-expensive Citizen Ecodrive 300m dive watch as a backup bottom timer (they sell for $150 - 200).

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/Cate...scSort_0/Filter_1=489/CTZBN000004H.html?Hit=1

I just got a dive computer (my very first :wink: ) last year, I guess I'm a bit old fashioned, but I'm not comfortable without a basic analog dive watch on my wrist and dive tables in my wetsuit thigh pocket when I dive :D

Best wishes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom