Diving timepieces - split from A New Piece Of Diving Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kanonfodr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Who carries a timepiece while diving, what is it, and what do you use it for?

I wear my standard duty Timex Ironman Triathlon. Water Resistant to 200m, so it should be good enough for my standard rec limits diving. I use it for timing my ascents where the seconds count comes in handy, as well as surface interval since one time I almost got my hour cut short by a rather giddy dive buddy.

Peace,
Greg

My day to day watch is a Movado and since I dont want to lose it while diving, I wear a cheap timex (probably $15) just to have a watch for between dives. I cant go without a watch ever so it works for me. My dive computer has a clock and all the timers that I need for ascent rates, dive times, safety stop, etc.

I don't want to get a nice dive watch as I will never wear my really nice watches again.

What? Neither of you is diving with a $25,000 Rolex? How do you manage???

(I can thank Scubaboard for the wonderful advice to dive with a cheap Timex, as that is what I have)

I wear an Armitron digital ($15 at WalMart). It comes in handy for timing safety stops, etc...

I dive with a Rolex Submariner; I use it to check whether it's lunchtime or not.

I wear a $20 Casio from Walmart, good to deeper than I'll ever think about going: 100 meters does not including swimming pressure, but it still covers me well.

I use my PDComputer to time my surface interval tho. Doesn't yours have that feature?

I dive with a now ancient Citizens Aqualand, I save the jewelry for parties.

Timex Ironman for safety stop,SIT,and anything else I may wish to time.Also love the FLIX illumination.

What? Neithenr of you is diving with a $25,000 Rolex? How do you manage???

I'd never dive with any of my nice dive watches - are you kidding?

:shocked2:

My profile pic is of me putting an Omega Seamaster Pro through a "torture test" in the pool at the Hyatt Cerromar Beach Resort. Good thing it has a helium release valve...

image.php

Back
Top Bottom