Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We had a nice dive on the Aristakat this afternoon. Of course, I didn't find anything but the others did. My claim to fame was losing my dive flag! Anyway, vis on the first dive was about 10Ft at a depth of 26 ft. Winds began to kick up from the north & I noticed that the viz on the second dive was more like 5 - 7 ft. at a depth of 26 ft. Water temp was 84.

Vis was 8-10 ft today, seas 2-3 in afternoon out of NW, awesome in the morning, water temp 86

Caught a local Kyaker taking a break,Dana I think your claim to fame was the bean bag chair:rofl3:

Attachments

• Dana.jpg
    Dana.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 94
But my real question is, do u judge visablity by what you see clearly or at what length do u stop seeing shadows. If its the at what point do I stop seeing my cubbys shadow then I can relate. The whole 6 inches just doesnt make sense heehee.

safyrewulfie:
do u judge visablity by what you see clearly or at what length do u stop seeing shadows.

Neither. It's the distance at which you can bearly see an object.

Visibility is measured with a secchi disk Attach a measuring tape to the center of the disk. One diver swims with the disk. When you can no longer make out the disk, stop. Reel in the tape until it just becomes visible again. Note the measurment on the tape. That is the viz. All else is guess work. Most of my viz reports are guess work.

Now, back on topic, does anyone have condition reports to share. I'd love to dive Venice today, but winds have been out of the west or northwest around 15 knots for quite some time, so I'm not sure I want to drive up there.

Wildbill:
I hope they quit by this weekend for the B-Day Bash

I hope they quit before my birthday. If not I'll have to find another place to dive.

Right now 20 knots out of the WNW. Looks like it's getting worse. Forcast is for wind to drop to 10 knots tonight and stay there through at least Saturday. Winds will come from the SW. Not looking good.

If it ever does calm down, at least we'll be warm in swim suits. Water temps are 86 - 88° F.

This morning, winds dropped to 4 knots and swung around from the east. Unfortunately, they're back from the west at 18 knots. SUCKS!

Service Club 6/28/09

Time 8:15 am
Dive time 139 min.
max depth 23'
Winds SW @ 10
Seas 2'+
Water temp 87
vis 3'-8'

Ok, Since y'all won't police yourselves, then I guess I'll have to do it again. THIS THREAD IS FOR DIVE REPORTS ONLY! Not comments on others dive reports, or inquiries about conditions, or looking for others to dive with. Please use the general chat thread or create a thread for those things. I have been unavailable for a couple of weeks, but i will start going thru this thread and deleting all off topic post. This thread is only a useful tool for keeping current conditions reported if it is used that way. In advance...sorry if your post gets deleted. Update...I cleaned up the last two months.....sorry if any of your post were deleted. I'm not trying to be heavy handed, but if you want current conditions reports you shouldn't have to wade thru two pages of off topic to find it.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:
Site Location (Bone Yard)
Water Temp ?
Vizibility 5 to 7

Wind direction West
Surf 2+
Presence of drift algae,and weedlines

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back