Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Temps: - 82-83
Vis: - 10-15
Lots of whale snot
Sea: Anything was better than Yesterdays
Lots of pictures coming, still cleaning!!!!!!!!!!

6/4/09
S. Brohard
2:30 pm
seas 1'-2'
wind SW 10+
vis 10' up to 18' at depth 20'
slight N current
water temp 86

Found several mammoth tooth pieces, 10 horse teeth, llama tooth, a few worn small megs and some small teeth

Got out with FL West 6/7/09

Winds SW <5
Seas 2'+
Vis 12'+ lots of snot
water temp 84

brought this home, the 1/2 tooth is 5 5/8"

Attachments

• teeth060709.jpg
    teeth060709.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 91
Winds SW
Seas 2' by after noon 2+
Vis 15'+
Lots of whale snot and weed lines.
water temp 84
Found lots of nice megs(in cleaning now) 7 whale ear bones, 3 mammoth, horse teeth,mako's and hemi. Over all nice assortment. Great day to be out with friends and rescuing divers!!!!!!!

Wow, you guys cleaned up today! :)

For my first Venice dive, I just did a shore dive while my wife & friend had a beach day at S. Brohard Park. Entered about 2:30pm.
Temp 83 degrees
Pretty healthy current
Viz 6'
Snot, snot, and more snot
Wave 3'+ upon exit (it was also pouring then)
84 min bottom time
Found some smaller sharks teeth, horse teeth, and other odds and ends that I haven't figured out yet.

Seems like the consensus is that to find the BIG teeth, one needs to go about a mile out on a boat?

Alhambra at 9:30 this am.
Viz was decent at 7-10 ft. Max depth - 18 ft.
Winds out of the NW & getting bumpier as the day went on.
Water temp - 84

Cub and I hit the waves today! Whoooooott I felt so great to be back. The water temp
was 87 84 at 20 ft. Winds were calm blowing towards shore sorry we went to Alhambra.
Waved to the guys in the kayaks and seen 2 dive flags off to our left and right. Deepest we hit was about 22 ft. Viz. I cant really figure out how to measure viz. I could see rocks and fish clearly at 5-6 ft away. i could see the cubbie shadow about 10 ft. But it could have been a shark or something lol. Lots of 1-2 inch teefies. She was happy. I was just so proud of myself I could swim with no real pain!

Here's a fair representation of viz Friday at the S. Brohard blocks.
I called it 10 - 12' maybe a little better, slightly snotty, but not too bad.

Attachments

• redgrouper.jpg
    redgrouper.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 104
We had a nice dive on the Aristakat this afternoon. Of course, I didn't find anything but the others did. My claim to fame was losing my dive flag! Anyway, vis on the first dive was about 10Ft at a depth of 26 ft. Winds began to kick up from the north & I noticed that the viz on the second dive was more like 5 - 7 ft. at a depth of 26 ft. Water temp was 84.

Sunday 6/14, vis 5-10, water temp about 84. Found lots of little teeth and one almost perfect Hemi. The serrations were almost transparent.

Attachments

• Venice Beach dive Hemi 06 14 09 001.jpg
    Venice Beach dive Hemi 06 14 09 001.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 91
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom