Dive Party at Possum Kingdom!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beast and I have never been to PK and know nothing about the area. Could someone post a link or send me a map to whatever campground we're using?

hoover once bubbled...
Just drive to Fort Worth and turn left.....LOL!

And I'll end up.....where????? :rolleyes:

My wife and I are still in.

Actually, I've been to PK before, but it's been several years, and I don't remember the directions. Besides, I'm sure the campground is a different place than I visited.

BTW, I "locked in" the Ocotal thing.....2/14, 15 & 16. I brought the camera, even though I was seriously overloaded with luggage

Davis
alias "The Tico Kid"

hoover once bubbled...
....BTW, I "locked in" the Ocotal thing.....2/14, 15 & 16. I brought the camera, even though I was seriously overloaded with luggage

Davis
alias "The Tico Kid"

Great! I'll keep my fingers crossed that work doesn't get in the way!

Oh yeah....remember to 'burp' your lense! :bonk: :wink:

The area we are going to use is officially called the Scenic Cove Public use area. There are thirty campsites, lots of parking, restrooms and showers, boat ramp and courtesy dock, as well as plenty of places to beach and tie up our boats in soft sand. Some people also call this the BRA campground since it is where the BRA office is located. This campground is only a half mile by road to Scuba Point which is the Dive shop and scuba park, so it is convenient for fills and gear, and is also a good roped off area to dive if someone doesn't want to boat dive with us. Scuba Point has a website, and there are lots of websites about Possum Kingdom as well. If any of y'all need directions, just let me know where you live and I will tell you the best way to get there.

We'll be coming up I-45 from Houston. If you could lead me in from I-45 / I-20 junction, that would help!

JT2

im still getting info on the scout camp, have a meeting with the camp director thursday of next week, and then the end of march i will be going out to the camp to look at the camp. also what are the fees for camp ground and for scuba point ?

i will keep you with the info when i get it

scubatooth

Dee once bubbled...
We'll be coming up I-45 from Houston. If you could lead me in from I-45 / I-20 junction, that would help!
I will PM you with directions within the next day or two.

Scubatooth, the campsite fee is $10.00 and everyone 12 and older is $3.00, 12 and under are free..Also Scubatooth, let me know about the Boy Scout Camp, I would love to have it there if we can pull it off...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom