Dive Party at Possum Kingdom!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a proud and confirmed warm water wimp, I would vote for as late in May as you can get! The water is still kinda chilly in April. If there's camping available, Beast and I may be interested.

It's looking like we are all leaning towards at least mid May if not later, I will try to come up with a date soon.

Texass once bubbled...

Hope we have better luck getting together than we did last season. lol
Amen to that!:)

Remember last year at Mansfield Damn? 90 minutes to get from the gate back to the campsites, a 5min drive, because of the marina traffic? No thanks!

I agree with Dee though. Pick a randon weekend instead of a holiday. Holidays usually have the lakes overrun with people. It makes it too much of a hassle IMO.

Zagnut once bubbled...
I agree with Dee though. Pick a randon weekend instead of a holiday. Holidays usually have the lakes overrun with people. It makes it too much of a hassle IMO.

Especially a holiday so close to us college kids being let loose!! :eek:ut:

I can promise you that there is no way that we could pull this thing off on memorial and even if we could we would have to do what we call "Kamikazee Diving", which basically means that the odds of you surviving your dive might be pretty good until you have to surface and get back to the boat. It gets pretty wild at PK on Memorial Day.

sealskin i know what you are talking about with playing hooky from school. i could have done that the past two semesters but this semester is different i really need the good grades this semester for a couple of scholarships that im eligible for.

JT as for a place to hang out, have you considered the scout camp (BSA) to have the land based stuff? because i know the camp director (family friend) and could probably get permission to use the camp, plus it would be a opportunity to show the camp director all about scuba especially since the camp wants to have a scuba program in the future (this year they are running one but its a intro to scuba and scuba point is running it)
just a suggestion.

as for dealing with lakes on holidays, if you have a dive flag out and a boat pulls into the area i say pull the plugs on the boat and give them to the driver and tell them thank you for breaking statre laws and you might want to get back to the dock before you sink. but the kamikaze diving is real close on holidays

Scubatooth, I know PK like the back of my hand, but the one place I don't know much about is the Boy Scout Camp. Is it the camp that is almost right across the lake from Hell's Gate? Is there a boat ramp there, and if so is there anywhere to tie up or beach a boat? I am open to suggestions, and if you think there would be more land based stuff to do there instead of the BRA camp I'm all for it. Please check into it and let me know, Thanks!

the boy scout camp is real close to hells gate, because during the summer they have evening canoe trips over to the gate to let the kids swim and explore the area. as for the boat ramp i will have to check, but i do know that there is a dock to tie a boat up, and also i believe it is covered. i dont know about the camp you mentioned but i do believe there is a bbq pit near the dock and also that cove is pretty good at keeping the rest of the boat traffic out of there.

let me find out about the boat ramp, and i will let you know

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom