Dive Party at Possum Kingdom!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It'd be kinda neat if a bunch of us S. Tx. Swampers could get up there for that.

If I recall correctly, Possum kingdom has a number of thermoclines. It's warm at the top, but the 'clines cool things off considerably.

hoover once bubbled...
It'd be kinda neat if a bunch of us S. Tx. Swampers could get up there for that.

If I recall correctly, Possum kingdom has a number of thermoclines. It's warm at the top, but the 'clines cool things off considerably.

Hoover...I've been thinking the same thing. I was waiting to see if the final location had camping spots. I smell a road trip!

hoover once bubbled...
We usually refer to the lower thermocline at PK as the" Freezer Door"..

posiden sounds like we need to meet and compare college stories. what college are you going to ?

JT2 i know what you are talking about, for my advanced class we did our deep dives off the wall at scuba point, in drysuits and when we got to the bottom we went through one of those and i nearly warmed suit because it was that cold, and also because it was dark and zero vis. i will say thats a day of diving i wont forget.

also there is a boat ramp at the camp but i dont know if its a paved road to it, but letme talk to the camp director to find out if it is

heres a link tothe map to camp constantin
http://www.circle10.org/images/camps/campconstantinmap.pdf

That's where I thought it was Scubatooth, let me know what else you find out. If you want to, PM me and we can exchenge phone numbers. Thanks

JT2 once bubbled...
It's looking like we are all leaning towards at least mid May if not later, I will try to come up with a date soon.

Don't know if you've noticed or not, but I thought I saw on Dee's thread about the alternate Flower Gardens trip that it had been rescheduled for May 17-18. Since I'm not going on the trip this year, that weekend is fine for me. But for others that are still going to the FG, they may have to make a choice.

I am up for it(depending on dates). After sitting here for 4-5 months after cataract surgery(doctors orders-no diving) I am ready to go as soon as weather warms up.

How does May 24th & 25th sound to everybody? I was also thinking of June 7th & 8th. Let me know what y'all think..

it looks as if both dates will work for me I dont have to work either weekend.
chris joens

I thought you said you were trying to avoid Memorial Day weekend. May 31-June 1 might work, but June 7-8 sounds even better.

Back
Top Bottom