Dive Party at Possum Kingdom!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well let me check with the council but i dont think there is a fee for using the camp, if there is it would be minimal plus there are a couple of camping sites right near the cove

the only problem i can see with the dates you have listed is thats right when the staff has to report to the camp and having extra people on the camp while its getting set up, but i will find out

also wth what posiden said thats right around time for school kicking back up for him but also isnt that memorial day weekend?

let me know

It's the weekend after Memorial Day.

Having been on staff at a different camp I doubt we would be allowed to use it that weekend. It would be a sizeable disruption to a very busy weekend. We worked our tails off during set up.

Sounds like there is a swim beach too.

Will there be others there with kids?

TwoBit

two bit, you are right about the staff report day being busy, but i will still check.

yes in that cove there is a swim beach(rather large ) and a boat dock with 2 -4 slips in it (made to fit ski boats)

Dee thanks for the date correction, i couldnt put my finger on it

will let you all know

JT2,

Could I get alittle more info. Ok we are camping at the BRA campground. Do you have directions from the Fort Worth area. Do we need to reserve a space ? If we have a trailer and wish to dry camp, can we at this campground ? You quoted $10 for camping. Is that a per night rate ? Any other info would be helpful.

Richard

RicHeaD once bubbled...
Could I get alittle more info. Ok we are camping at the BRA campground. Do you have directions from the Fort Worth area. Do we need to reserve a space ? If we have a trailer and wish to dry camp, can we at this campground ? You quoted $10 for camping. Is that a per night rate ? Any other info would be helpful.
Go hear, www.brazos.org/Possum-Kingdom-Lake and click on the "Public Use Areas" bar, once the map comes up look at the little red dots that you can put your mouse arrow on, the red dot that is furthest to the east is the BRA office that is also known as observation lookout, find that dot and then move west/left one dot and you will see Scenic Cove Public Use Area, that is where we are planning to be. They do not usually take reservations there, however I am talking with the BRA folks to try and reserve whatever we need. There is also more info about fees and such on this website that might answer more of your questions. I am also working on a good map that I can e-mail or post that should help everyone find their way easily. The reason I have selected this spot is because it is in a very sheltered cove with lots of shade, and it is very close to the dive shop and all of the good diving spots. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

I have some maps that I want to put up on the board for everyone showing the area where we will be as well as driving directions, however, they are in JPEG format and I have no idea how to put them up, can anyone help??????

The file I am trying to attach is too big evidently, it is 452kb and it wont let me post it. I would be more than happy to e-mail it to somebody else who thinks they might be able to post it somehow.

PS. I am a computer idiot:bonk:

I can post it for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom