Disassembling SiTech Quick Cuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decidedlyodd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So after many trials and tribulations with the SiTech Antares oval system installed on my suit at the factory, I had the shop replace it with the SiTech round ring system (Quick Cuff). In order to get the Glove Lock QCP gloves from my old suit onto this new ring system, I need to disassemble the Quick Cuff by removing the black ring the seal is wrapped around.

Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it apart. There's not really anything to grab onto except for a sharp lip. Pulling it out with my fingertips is just resulting in sore fingers and it doesn't budge. I'm hesitant to take a screwdriver or other prying device to the thing since I don't want to break anything or puncture the seal.

The SiTech instructions aren't helping me either. The photo seems to be showing somebody pushing the ring into the cuff when I actually want to go the other way. :confused:

Screen Shot 2014-04-28 at 11.05.14 PM.jpg

Any tips?

I'm about to switch from quick gloves to glove locks on my quick cuffs. I haven't had a go at it yet, but I just assumed they would come apart with a bit of prying from a flat head screwdriver.

If anyone has done this already, I'm all ears as well.

I managed to figure it out! You kind of have to peel up the front edge while pushing down and forward on the back edge. The above diagram shows this, but it's not very clear since it's hard to describe. Mike from DRIS also sent me a link to this useful video:

Ahh. Looks very similar to how you would take the glove system itself apart to switch rings or gloves. Thanks.

This video starting at 1:25 shows how put the glove lock onto the ring system once you've got it disassembled. I just wasn't able to see in detail how the thing popped apart until I watched the other video.

I just noticed, he's calling it Glove Lock but that is the Quick Glove system.

What I finally figured out from the various videos is that you want to bend down the inner most "suit side" part of the ring. This will pop out the inner seal stiff ring. I nearly tore my fingertips off trying to peel back the outermost glove-side suit ring until I figured it out!

Does anyone know how to attach the Glove Lock system to the si tech quick cuffs without the black spanner rings? Will another of the ring pairs work instead?

I bought glove locks through the SB marketplace and the seller neglected to mention that there were no black rings included or that I might need them...

---------- Post added May 20th, 2014 at 07:11 AM ----------

Update: I've learned that it might be an older model of Glove Lock that did not come with the Quick Cuff compatible spanner ring (the new model is called Glove Lock QCP: "Quick Cuff Prepared"), so possibly it was not the seller's fault.

I contacted Si Tech for advice and they promptly offered to send me a set of the black rings. I'm very happy with their customer support.

Last edited:
Black rings have arrived. Thanks Si Tech.

Oh, so I took my buddy's suit in to my LDS the other day to get her some new wrist seals, and when the guy went to disassemble the cuffs, he just pried them apart with a flathead screwdriver... Easier to ruin the seals that way so you have to be careful, he says.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom