Difference between MB levels and Gradient Factors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not an article, it's Herr Doktor Buhlmann's pinnacle work: the book called Tauchmedizin. It was never translated to English and is not cheap either (but may be obtainable on interlibrary loan).
Oh! translating that sounds like an entirely different kinda animal and quite the undertaking. Also why it sounded vaguely familiar.
I promise nothing, but I’ll see what I can do (will need some help from my sister — she’s a pulmonologist who’s currently studying medical German to practice in Germany; I’m closer to the regulator / eng side in my technical German 🤷🏽‍♀️)

Which acronym? Tissue Compartment?
Oh nvm then, I thought that was something related to critical sampling and reprocessing freq.
I was referring to TCs yes

It's not an article, it's Herr Doktor Buhlmann's pinnacle work: the book called Tauchmedizin. It was never translated to English and is not cheap either (but may be obtainable on interlibrary loan).
Hi @Mobulai

Share your summary with us :)

Ok I finally found an ok priced version of the book, ordering now.
seems I have a „fun“ project for the next decade or so 🥲😅

Hi @Mobulai

Share your summary with us :)
Tissue no like full with no-no gas, be care of unloading no-no gas, tissue no like even moar, diver take time diver don’t hurt self
Did I miss anything important?

Oh nvm then, I thought that was something related to critical sampling and reprocessing freq.
I was referring to TCs yes

Ah. No, I just said that if, for example, you set your sampling/recalculation rate to double the tissue compartment's half-time (plus a little bit)... -- because what is the meaningful change in the compartment's loading?

IRL even the dumbest dive watches are much faster than that so it's a non-issue.

Asking as a student,
Does the G2 impose a mandatory safety stop, that in the G2 menu can not be circumvented? In the G2 manual, pages 22, 68, 78 I'm taking all of that to read that the micro bubble display , if you ignore your Level setting, it will "NAG" you by just defaulting to the next less conservative level? As a reminder to not exceed the depth variable ascent speed, that can not be changed either. So if you use a G2, your going to risk gauge mode by not doing the mandatory safety stop, being nagged by a yellow or red speed box, and a warning about the MB level? Could / should we just set the surface interval to less than one minute or just operate the G2 as an instructor in Gauge mode? if we are doing multiple CESAs' can we just set the safety stop timer to "off" ? All of this seems to be related somehow? I mean seriously,...the ins and outs of this G2, we need some kind of more detailed blog, just for the eccentricities of this thing.
Or you can just get a Shearwater, with known, non-proprietary algorithm and transparent functions.

With my recent switch to SP computers I have one set the MB L2 and the other to 40/80 GF and will compare this weekend if conditions hold.

With my recent switch to SP computers I have one set the MB L2 and the other to 40/80 GF and will compare this weekend if conditions hold.
Ah a fellow dual SP user 🤝 (well I technically don't count yet)

maybe we can pool the data for better "transaltion" model? I am still waiting on good conditions for a dive on my side -- prolly at least a month from now; or the pool 🥸

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom