Deep Dixie Diver Mega Trip to Key Largo WHEN Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

denisegg:
Actually Brandy, I was thinking of boarding a yacht at our starting point and crusing down the Gulf of Mexico and around the tip of Florida and meeting the group at Key Largo. Of course there will be dive stops all along the way, and fresh fruit, caviar and champagne flown in by helicopter all along the way.:wink:

OK now you got something going. I never thought about chartering a vessel. That is worthy of consideration there Denise. We could avoid the wear and tear, share costs and dive along the way!

Anyone know of a boat we can charter?

Ultimate Getaway is a pretty sweet charter boat that runs to the Dry Tortugas. www.ultimategetaway.com Boat departs from Ft. Meyer FLA, it's like a 4 day trip I think. Includes meals, drinks, tanks, weights, fills, and nitrox for like an extra $50. Price is somewhere around $700 but with a group discount is actually near $560 a person. I was gonna go with some of the south florida divers last november but had to back out. Don't know if that's something yall would be up for or not.

frankc420:
What's bad is, I don't know if your serious or not... =) HAHA

Now what would make you think that I'm not serious:wink:

denisegg:
Now what would make you think that I'm not serious:wink:

I took your idea very seriously. No leads yet for ships out of the Gulf. Think you could re-energize the economy and go buy us a boat? Pretty please? I think we have some hearty mates that could fashion ye a plank to make the misbehavors walk on!

You may want to do a little recon before getting your hopes up. Ten years ago i would have to book the keys over a year in advance for a holiday weekend. Then expect to pay event and higher lodging and boat prices.

ScubaKris:
You may want to do a little recon before getting your hopes up. Ten years ago i would have to book the keys over a year in advance for a holiday weekend. Then expect to pay event and higher lodging and boat prices.

Thanks for the heads up! Even if you are tent camping. Dawn from Cristal owes me an email with additional information.

DawgDiver:
Ultimate Getaway is a pretty sweet charter boat that runs to the Dry Tortugas. www.ultimategetaway.com Boat departs from Ft. Meyer FLA, it's like a 4 day trip I think. Includes meals, drinks, tanks, weights, fills, and nitrox for like an extra $50. Price is somewhere around $700 but with a group discount is actually near $560 a person. I was gonna go with some of the south florida divers last november but had to back out. Don't know if that's something yall would be up for or not.

Sounds very interesting...I think you need to check it out Howard!!

Actually Brandy, I was thinking of boarding a yacht at our starting point and crusing down the Gulf of Mexico and around the tip of Florida and meeting the group at Key Largo. Of course there will be dive stops all along the way, and fresh fruit, caviar and champagne flown in by helicopter all along the way.

I think the pirate has had a little too much Rum,...or something else that was only legal in pirate days!!!!!!!!!!

DawgDiver:

try www.UltimateGetaway.net Is this the trip?

Nice boat but Sold Out. It is a 3 day dive event that departs in the evening of Day 1 and you dive for the next 2 days.

Back
Top Bottom