Deep Dixie Diver Mega Trip to Key Largo WHEN Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be hitting the keys 3 -4 times this year for a week or so at a time.

I have had good luck after March. Best time for calm seas is June - October.

I will be taking the scuba mobile and tthe boat, plus compressors

It is about 640 mijles from where I am at.

Hey Kris,
A few of us, namely myself, my son, SuprBugMan (Mat) and maybe a few others might want to turn this into a road trip. Timing being everything, we would depart from the panhandle area after a few dives in the morning, drive 4 - 5 hours, camp, get up drive dive drive dive camp, etc etc. The most southern point on this trip would be Key Largo. After a 2 day dive experience in Key Largo, head back north either west of east coast of FL diving and camping along the way. Definitely going to hit the teef area and do some harvesting.
Howard

This sounds like something I might be interested in tagging along for.... timing being everything, of course :D

If you are interested in the trip, come on line and tell me about when your school age children will be released from school for the summer. Also, if required, when does summer term start. I am leaning toward May to take full advantage of the free dive trip offer.
Howard

Andy graduates May 24th!! :umnik:We will be free after that to travel. He is planning on spending a week at the beach with his friends after graduation but that date hasn't been set yet. If we need to do this before the end of May and I tell him early enough, he can probably get his buddies to plan their trip around this, because I know he'll want to go.

I can tell you that for us college aged folks, finals are usually finished up the 2nd week in May.

The unofficial votes are in. I am looking at Memorial Day weekend for the trip. This takes advantage of the free trip being offered by Cristal Dives, a holiday for those challenged with not enough time off (Memorial Day) and school is out (for most) for the summer. The trip would start From Gulf Shores, Friday or Saturday (Friday High tide at Destin is around 9:30am) and go through the week. My plan is to drive down to Key Largo arriving in time for dinner Sat night. We'd stay through the weekend and drive/dive our way back to Gulf Shores.

Sound like a plan? Shall we continue to plan?

Howard

denisegg:
Andy graduates May 24th!! :umnik:We will be free after that to travel. He is planning on spending a week at the beach with his friends after graduation but that date hasn't been set yet. If we need to do this before the end of May and I tell him early enough, he can probably get his buddies to plan their trip around this, because I know he'll want to go.
Listen now.....I'm in for the trip, but this drive and dive is just toooo much for me. Lets set a date to be at Key Largo and plan too meet. I can fly in and maybe if the diva of dive (DENISE) can fit me in ,I can ride her PRIVATE CHARTER down and back. Nonetheless I can pop down for a dive or two.........or a couple of DRINKS! Lets set a date so I can Plan.

BRANDY:
I can fly in and maybe if the diva of dive (DENISE) can fit me in ,I can ride her PRIVATE CHARTER down and back.

Actually Brandy, I was thinking of boarding a yacht at our starting point and crusing down the Gulf of Mexico and around the tip of Florida and meeting the group at Key Largo. Of course there will be dive stops all along the way, and fresh fruit, caviar and champagne flown in by helicopter all along the way.:wink:

denisegg:
Actually Brandy, I was thinking of boarding a yacht at our starting point and crusing down the Gulf of Mexico and around the tip of Florida and meeting the group at Key Largo. Of course there will be dive stops all along the way, and fresh fruit, caviar and champagne flown in by helicopter all along the way.:wink:

What's bad is, I don't know if your serious or not... =) HAHA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom