Deep Dixie Diver Mega Trip to Key Largo WHEN Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does she snorkle? Most dive ops in Key Largo often carry snorklers if they are out on the reef. Just a thought.

frankc420:
Well, I'm in MS, so would I be considered a Deep Dixie?

None-the-less, my wife says I cannot go further south than Pensacola without her on my next trip and she's a none diver. For us that have family that don't dive, something like a cruise would be perfect! I do have a 10 month old son so I have some obstacles to jump over, but it's all good! =)

One thing that should be said is, if it's a cruise, everyone will need a passport!

Ah, yeah, she loves to snorkel, never though of that =P

Why snorkel when you can go underwater!

HI, my name is Debi and I'm actually new to diving. I've logged 7 dives between Blue water and Kings Bay, Florida. I'm looking to quickly expand those numbers though. I would love to Key Largo! However, my husband wouldn't be able to go with due to work but has said that if I could find a group to go with where he could be assured that I would have dive buddy that he would encourage me to go. When do you guys have in mind and would you mind a beginner tagging along?

Mojospos:
HI, my name is Debi and I'm actually new to diving. I've logged 7 dives between Blue water and Kings Bay, Florida. I'm looking to quickly expand those numbers though. I would love to Key Largo! However, my husband wouldn't be able to go with due to work but has said that if I could find a group to go with where he could be assured that I would have dive buddy that he would encourage me to go. When do you guys have in mind and would you mind a beginner tagging along?

Ahoy and welcome to SB. We welcome all levels. We can plan the dives to match your needs. I am new to diving as well. If you'd like to catch us at Blue Water in Pelham, there is going to be a hearty group this weekend and a group on 10 Feb diving. The more fun group will be diving on the 10th! :D Plan on coming out. You might want to check on rental at Blue Water, since they have reduced their stockages. I think we are planning something semi social after the dives. If you consider hanging around the Deep Dixie Divers as being social. (I am so gonna burn for that comment!)

Now the when. There are many thoughts of when but probably the best time would be June or Sep/Oct. Some have children out of school in June, so that is why we are looking then. I am trying to avoid July and August due to high chance of Hurricanes, so that leaves Sep/Oct as another alternative.

What's ye druthers?

Howard

You could set up the dives with Cristal Clear Charters

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=2566936&postcount=85

Cristal Clear Charters will not be going anywhere, we will be in service for a long time to come, and we feel we have the nicest boats, best equipment, great locations and undeniably the best staff in the keys. To illustrate this we are offering a FREE DIVE TRIP to any scubaboard member that brings in this posting along with a copy of their Scubaboard profile page for verification. This is going to be valid from now until March 1, 2007 and from May 1st to June 1st, 2007. This offer is good for one dive trip per person per print out per scubaboard id. I encourage you to pass this to all your friends. All I ask is that in return the member posts their experience to the board since I am sure it will be positive

Hey everyone. Yes Denise, you guys know that I am IN! I've booked my trip to Belize the week of March 17 - 24 but I'll go any other time. Do I get Matt as my boytoy? Love You! Swear!

I'll definatly look towards the dive on the 10th. I have two kids so I can relate to what you're saying as far as the school and everything like that. When you say you're planning something semi social....well what's your definition of semi social and would my husband be welcomed to hang out while we dive?

Mojospos:
I'll definatly look towards the dive on the 10th. I have two kids so I can relate to what you're saying as far as the school and everything like that. When you say you're planning something semi social....well what's your definition of semi social and would my husband be welcomed to hang out while we dive?

Semi Social - Man alive you are trying to infer that this group is social. Semi social means nothing fancy, host has agreed to provide the main dish, others are expected to chip side dishes I suppose.

Look at this link.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=173329

Sure spouses are welcome. Send a Private Message to our host and address other family members that are non-divers. Hope to meet you.
Howard

Back
Top Bottom