Deep Air - Here we go again....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would chose the worldwide experience of 60 years of diving over 1 researcher who can't make a convincing argument to the hyperbaric medical community. Wouldn't you?

I don't consider "accident free" and "safe" synonyms, so I guess it all depends on where you stand.

You really don't get it do you? You live in Orlando and have the luxury of having a disposable income and everything your heart may desire available to you. Helium is not available everywhere. What about that don't you understand?

Lol, yeah, disposable income and everything my heart desires.

I get GI bill, Florida EDD, and have a part time job, thats it. I've aquired all my own equipment and fund all my dives by myself. I WAIT till I have the money to do the dives that I want. Not enough $? Wait a week.

If there isn't helium, the answer is simple. Do shallower dives. Thats not rocket surgery... I just got an email from a guy who is doing a tech trip to Truk is getting a bunch of helium shipped in. It can be done.... Make some friends and have everyone chip in.

Once again, why add issues to your dive that just don't have to? Its for FUN, not work...

Lol, yeah, disposable income and everything my heart desires.

I get GI bill, Florida EDD, and have a part time job, thats it. I've aquired all my own equipment and fund all my dives by myself. I WAIT till I have the money to do the dives that I want. Not enough $? Wait a week.

If there isn't helium, the answer is simple. Do shallower dives. Thats not rocket surgery... I just got an email from a guy who is doing a tech trip to Truk is getting a bunch of helium shipped in. It can be done.... Make some friends and have everyone chip in.

Once again, why add issues to your dive that just don't have to? Its for FUN, not work...

As long as you're happy with the diving you do, I think that's great. All I'm saying is that everyone is not you.

Been diving in the range of 40-60+m.on air every weekend for the last twenty years.Deeper on bounce dives.I'm trimix certified,but I keep diving in the range of 40-60+m. on air every weekend.Deeper on bounce dives.

As long as you're happy with the diving you do, I think that's great. All I'm saying is that everyone is not you.

And all I'm saying is that people keep dying and getting hurt do to antiquated/ nickel rocket praqctices, and what's worse is that people actually teach that its ok.

And all I'm saying is that people keep dying and getting hurt do to antiquated/ nickel rocket praqctices, and what's worse is that people actually teach that its ok.

Dude, could you please leave off with the GUEisms ... or at least keep them restricted to the DIR forums? They really don't add anything to the conversation, except to make you come across like a real dick.

Also, just curious ... have you ever dived anywhere outside of the Florida caves?

I ain't sayin' that I disagree with your philosophy on deep air ... having experienced it and decided that it wasn't for me. But it's a big world out there, and people tend to base their perspectives on their predominant diving conditions. You certainly don't have to agree with 'em ... or even bother to understand where they're coming from. But just knowing why people might see things differently sure makes it easier to have a reasoned conversation with somebody. If, that is, reasoned conversation interests you ... :idk:

... or you could keep on tossing the GUEisms I suppose, and continue to give everyone who's ever taken a DIR class a bad odor ... but it just makes it harder to get anyone not associated with DIR to take your position seriously ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That's a nice, easy going attitude. Unfortunately where I live, many dive sites (caves specifically) are getting closed due to stupidity. The training agencies have used analysis of over 500 cave diving deaths and found END's >100-130ft the #4 most common attribute to cave deaths.

Dude, could you please leave off with the GUEisms ... or at least keep them restricted to the DIR forums? They really don't add anything to the conversation, except to make you come across like a real dick.

Also, just curious ... have you ever dived anywhere outside of the Florida caves?

I ain't sayin' that I disagree with your philosophy on deep air ... having experienced it and decided that it wasn't for me. But it's a big world out there, and people tend to base their perspectives on their predominant diving conditions. You certainly don't have to agree with 'em ... or even bother to understand where they're coming from. But just knowing why people might see things differently sure makes it easier to have a reasoned conversation with somebody. If, that is, reasoned conversation interests you ... :idk:

... or you could keep on tossing the GUEisms I suppose, and continue to give everyone who's ever taken a DIR class a bad odor ... but it just makes it harder to get anyone not associated with DIR to take your position seriously ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It's a nss-cds'ism and a NACD'ism as well if you read their training manuals. These agencies have the same goals (exploration, access, and safety), why make a post like this to try and play the community against each other?

It's a nss-cds'ism and a NACD'ism as well if you read their training manuals. These agencies have the same goals (exploration, access, and safety), why make a post like this to try and play the community against each other?

Because someone who's been peppering this and other threads with such commentary has "DIR Practitioner" next to his avatar and "GUE.com" in his sig line.

I ain't the one who's creating emnity ... PfcAJ is. I'm asking him to stop ... because as someone who encourages a lot of people to go the DIR route, people who make comments like his just make it a lot harder for me to convince newer divers and those considering tech that it's a good way to go.

It's those comments that play the community against each other. Please ... this ain't Quest. Commentary like I've read in here, and on the "thirds" thread really don't belong on ScubaBoard.

Cut the crap ... if you can't make your point respectfully, it ain't worth making.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Because someone who's been peppering this and other threads with such commentary has "DIR Practitioner" next to his avatar and "GUE.com" in his sig line.

I ain't the one who's creating emnity ... PfcAJ is. I'm asking him to stop ... because as someone who encourages a lot of people to go the DIR route, people who make comments like his just make it a lot harder for me to convince newer divers and those considering tech that it's a good way to go.

It's those comments that play the community against each other. Please ... this ain't Quest. Commentary like I've read in here, and on the "thirds" thread really don't belong on ScubaBoard.

Cut the crap ... if you can't make your point respectfully, it ain't worth making.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
As a NACD (no gue training at all.) diver, I'm a lot more worried about access to eagles nest, cheryl, big/little dismal, dipolar, waynes world, and other deep sites than hurting someones feelings. Maybe if I lived in an area where so many dive sites weren't on public property I wouldn't have such strong feelings about it.

That's a nice, easy going attitude. Unfortunately where I live, many dive sites (caves specifically) are getting closed due to stupidity. The training agencies have used analysis of over 500 cave diving deaths and found END's >100-130ft the #4 most common attribute to cave deaths.

What are the #1 through #3 causes ... and what's being done to address them?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom