Deep 6 Eddy Fins - from Mares Avanti Quattro+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_anak_pulau_

Registered
Reaction score
Hello bubblefriends,
I've been looking at getting deep 6 eddy fins for a while now as a lighter, more neutrally buoyant option to my Mares Avanti Quattro+. Any experience on the difference in how it feels to use underwater and how it compares to other tech fins? I dropped the idea of getting the Hollis/Apeks jet fins as they were quite heavy and would not be a good option for travel.

Wondering if anyone has the orange Eddy fins and how visible it is underwater? The red Quattro is still very visible even at depth.

Appreciate any info on the eddy! Thank you!

I don’t know about the Mares fin, but the Eddy foot pocket is fabulous. If you’re concerned about being visible at depth, I’d get the white. That’s what I have.

I have a pair of Eddys and a pair of Avanti Quattro arriving today. Plan to have a pool session with them to compare and contrast against the eddy and my SP go sports. Will give a full rundown once I’ve put some time on them all back to back.

I don’t have a lot of dives under my belt. I own both fins. I don’t know what colour the orange fins are at depth.
I really like the Eddy’s. For me though I can’t frog kick well and was in current a few times and struggled with the Eddys. So now I only dive the Quattro until I get better. This is not a fun issue but a fiver issue for sure, but I was told that longer fins are better for current, so until I am a better diver, the Eddy’s will stay home.

I've been using the Eddy fins since they first appeared. Very comfortable foot pocket and they're great for back kicks, helicopter turns, etc. I have also have of Hollis F1s for drysuit/doubles but I haven't done any cold water diving for a few years now.

I have a couple hundred dives with the Avanti Quattro's and absolutely love them. I switched to the Eddy's mostly because I wanted a smaller fin for packing and love orange. Eddy's are easier to get on and off and are also an awesome fin. Definitely look mustard brown at depth. Size XL and size 12 boot. When I use Deep6 3mm boot they fit well, but when I use lighter 3mm boot with thinner sole they have a little to much of a loose fit. There are times when I notice they are little more floaty than my Avanti's. Flutter kick goes to Quattro's and Frog to Eddy's. Both great imho.

Eddys are now available in white for size L and up. That was new last fall just when I got a new drysuit and needed to go up to large.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom