Dangerous Hurricane Dean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just want to wish you the best, and we're all hoping that there is "no turn for the worst" come tomorrow, or the days that follow.
To everyone in Cozumel, stay safe and take care!!

It is intensifying...and a pro meteorologist on the storm2k.org board just forecast (unofficially) a 165 mph landfall.

Winds that bad would only be felt about 10 miles from the eye - but still!

First thing that came to mind was Dennis, aka "Pez de Diablo" here on SB - anyone heard from him lately? His last post was back in Dec. 06.

Hope everyone is battened down and safe through this!

Jmaserati:
First thing that came to mind was Dennis, aka "Pez de Diablo" here on SB - anyone heard from him lately? His last post was back in Dec. 06.

Hope everyone is battened down and safe through this!

I spoke to him last week. I believe he headed inland with his family...at least I hope he did! That's what he did after Wilma and he said he would do it every time...and I don't blame him one bit. If I hear from him, I'll post that he;s ok! I'm sure he is...he's a smart guy :)

vis.jpg

Hope you and yours are all safe, and hoping that the rest of the country is spared real damage

Christi,

I pray that all is well with you and your loved ones. They are saying on the news here that the damage is not too bad. Is this true?

To all in Cozumel: I hope that the damage was minimal, and that noone was seriously hurt. I know that just the anxiety over all of this must be exhausting, but I hope that you will recover quickly. We look forward to going back in the fall.
Tom

How long will it take for the storm to pass over the Yucatan and get back in the gulf? I am sure the daylight is not revealing a pretty picture for the folks there this morning. My thoughts and prayers are will be with the folks there today and in the coming days as they try to recover.

gajeep94yj:
Christi, any update? are you guys ok?

She was up past midnight....she may be sleeping in (I doubt it) or possibly down checking on her shop and Shamu and Bandida.....from the radar looks like they are still getting bands of rain and wind....

This was posted on another board by Patricia a resident on the island

"It is 8:30 AM and I just spoke with Karen who is at 11 and call 13. Weather is fine, light winds and mild rain. Electric is spotty, flikering on and off in spots, a few without right now. No apparent damage, but she has not been to waterfront to check.

Storm was mild Tropical without Hurricane effects. Our prayers were heard. Thank You Lord!"

Back
Top Bottom