Dangerous Hurricane Dean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To Christi and all the other residents on Cozumel...our hopes and prayers go out to you. If the track stays as is, you should be OK. However, s someone who was born and raised in south Louisiana, we share this annual agony of hurricane season and we know all too well that nothing is certain with a big storm.

God be with all of you.

Here in Dangriga we're already getting winds from the north off the leading edge of it. It looks like with the present path we'll get 30-50 mph winds and a lot of rain here.

Gooooooood morning!

Oh well, glad that things look better for Coz, sorry that this also means bad news for areas south of Coz. Wishing the best for all in harms way, also hope no one gets hurt trying to make prudent departures, and I hope the 30+ group of Canadian high school kids & sponsors aren't bad mouthing me on their message boards because I helped talk the sponsors into taking the kids home.

I guess I need to unpack, wash gear and laundry the few clothes I got to wear on my condensed trip, and start filing insurance and refund claims. I'd also like to learn how our bent diver came out after her medivac to Miami - wonder who knows what and will tell where...??

What it an undeserved hit, Don? I witnessed a serious CNS hit on Paradise reef a year or so ago. The guy was doing his 3rd dive of the day (previously had made 2 deep dives on HP 120s) and got bent, all within the limits of his computer.

DandyDon:
I'd also like to learn how our bent diver came out after her medivac to Miami - wonder who knows what and will tell where...??

Just curious.... Why was she medivac'd to Miami instead of using a chamber on the island? Was that because Hurricane Dean was coming?

******************* Moderator Post *******************

Hurricane Dean is not done yet so keep your posts relative to it.

Your friendly Moderator

Dave

Shhhh...it's the police...

Just wanted to let you Cozumlenos know you're in our thoughts and prayers - wish these darn things wouldn't tear toward the Yucatan so often.

Teamcasa:
******************* Moderator Post *******************

Hurricane Dean is not done yet so keep your posts relative to it.

Your friendly Moderator

Dave
Thanks for monitoring and cleaning the thread. Looks better. I'll be glad to try to cooperate with the request, and since these posts are still here, and seem related to my group trip to Coz during H.Dean, will address them here. Apologies if this means more cleaning...?
TheRedHead:
What it an undeserved hit, Don? I witnessed a serious CNS hit on Paradise reef a year or so ago. The guy was doing his 3rd dive of the day (previously had made 2 deep dives on HP 120s) and got bent, all within the limits of his computer.
The real term for "an undeserved hit" is an unexpected hit, I think - and her's was. I was her bud on her first two dives and did not witness any risky actions altho we were not close at all times - I surfaced before her on the second, with her staying with the group, but all discussion from the group indicated that her diving was prudent enough.
Jinjer:
Just curious.... Why was she medivac'd to Miami instead of using a chamber on the island? Was that because Hurricane Dean was coming?
I think she made two rides on that chamber but was still in poor condition after 24 hours in the clinic and was medivacted for further evaluation and treatment. I really suspect other medical problems.

Christi:
Dave of Aldora has a great update on his website about the hurricane...I echo his statements!
http://www.aldora.com/dean.htm

I also have a blog that will be updated as long as we have internet connections. It is under the "Trips" link on my website...as it was intended to be where I can post my trip reports to share with everyone. For now, it will be Dean updates (but I haven't updated it today...I'll do that tonight when the work around here is done :) Back to work!
http://www.bluextseadiving.com/trips/

I saw the pictures of Shamu and Bandida on your blog looks like they are safe and comfortable...they kinda look like ducks out of water stripped down :wink: looks like Mago and the crew did a great job with them....I hope you get some rest tonight and I will be looking for your updates...:10:

Back
Top Bottom