Dangerous Hurricane Dean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you still can't really call cozumel as being safe until after you've seen where the hurricane is going to make landfall on the yucatan. there's still a low probability that all the models are wrong, it could stall over the open ocean, conditions could change, and it could head up north... however, the models have been pretty good so far and that would be a radical departure from all the predicted model tracks... i would still not try to book a flight into cancun for tomorrow though...

the Dean satellite loop on CNN's site is really impressive; Ambergis Key and Chetumal-good heavens, what a night those people have ahead

We've got an impressive lightning storm going on right now. I've taken some video with my camera...but I have no idea of how to upload it to share here.

If someone can give me some instructions, I'll be happy to share!

Dean just turned into a cat 5. Yikes...

WTNT64 KNHC 210034
TCUAT4
HURRICANE DEAN TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATE
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL042007
835 PM AST MON AUG 20 2007

DATA FROM THE AIR FORCE RESERVE HURRICANE HUNTER AIRCRAFT CURRENTLY
INVESTIGATING HURRICANE DEAN INDICATE THAT MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS
HAVE INCREASED TO 160 MPH...MAKING DEAN A POTENTIALLY CATASTROPHIC
CATEGORY FIVE HURRICANE ON THE SAFFIR-SIMPSON HURRICANE SCALE.

$$
FORECASTER KNABB

Christi:
We've got an impressive lightning storm going on right now. I've taken some video with my camera...but I have no idea of how to upload it to share here.

For goodness sakes, please be careful, Christie. We are thinking about you and the crew.
Chris & Ashlyn

Christi:

Taken with a digital camera? If so they're likely .avi files stored on your card.

Copy them off your card and upload them to your photo gallery here: http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/uploadphoto.php

You can only upload videos one at a time. Use the browse button to find the filename to upload to SB. And there's a maximum upload file size of 2MB per video.

Then link to them in a post here. I can help with that if you can get them uploaded. PM when they're uploaded or if there's a problem.

Coz weather station not reporting.

Cancun airport reporting wind 16 gust 38 mph at 2150 EDT. Not too bad so far.

Scott

:11::(

avn.jpg

FIRE DRILL! remember those when you were a kid in school? That's what this feels like. Three days of preparing for the worst, and now...nada. That satellite is misleading.

10:15pm here in Cozumel and still nothing to write about. All we’ve had so far is an impressive lightning storm (still transerring/downloading the video), a few gust of about 40mph, and some random heavy showers. The wind right now is like a “norte.”

I am happy that we were prepared for the worst and there really wasn’t any reason until late yesterday afternoon for us to think otherwise, but this is like kindergarten compared to Wilma, or even Emily. I think anything less than a Cat 4 will be "easy" for us after Wilma. At this rate, we may have the boats back in the water by tomorrow afternoon, and definitely by Wednesday!

All the prayers and thoughts you all sent our way, please focus them on Chetumal and the others south of us that will take the hard hit from this Cat 5 storm. They are going to need it...the aftermath is going to be horrible for them!

I’m REALLY exhausted, so I’m going to try to sleep while I can just in case it gets nasty later.

Christi:

......create a photobucket account & upload there then link it to here.......

Back
Top Bottom