Danger in buying "too much" computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I know they can. At this point, I'm looking to spend around $300. Which means, if I buy new, I'm getting a Zoop- anything else is too expensive. (I want a Suunto. Conservative algorithm is good in my estimate, and I'd like to be in the same brand as my husband who got the Viper Air.) The only reason the Vytec is in the conversation is because someone offered me a used one- otherwise, it wouldn't even be in consideration.

Despite leaning all day towards getting the Zoop, the ability to upgrade to AI is making me now think Vytec. It is older, and the model discontinued, but it is relatively unused, and the guy is letting me check it out before I pay, so there doesn't seem to be harm in looking. If it does function well, it seems like it will be a very good deal.

I know the Zoop will also let me download my profiles, just not the air aspect. There will still be graphs to play with.

Have you read my postings? The Hollis DG03 is $249 *NEW* and can be upgraded to AI for $249.

DG03 Dive Computer and Digital Gauge by Hollis Gear - Dive Gear Express

Have you read my postings? The Hollis DG03 is $249 *NEW* and can be upgraded to AI for $249.

DG03 Dive Computer and Digital Gauge by Hollis Gear - Dive Gear Express

I have, but I'd like to be diving a Suunto as I want the more conservative algorithm, and I want to be on the same brand as my husband, since we'll be diving together, having different algorithms makes little sense.

Plus, I want something that can be serviced locally if I need it. (Not sure what would be needed other than battery changes)

I had a Suunto Mosquito for 12 years. My DG03 is more conservative but it's Pelagic Z+ is similar to the RGBM that Suunto uses.

I change my own batteries...

I'm not sure why we are even having this discussion. You've already made up your mind.

I'm not sure why we are even having this discussion. You've already made up your mind.

No, I really haven't. If someone knows what my final decision is, I'd love to know it. It will save me some stress.

I do plan to choose between the two computers I mentioned in my initial post though.

How much is the Vytec?

It ends up just a little less than the Zoop.

BTW- do you dive locally to where you live? We are in the Austin area a lot, anything worth diving down there?

It ends up just a little less than the Zoop.

BTW- do you dive locally to where you live? We are in the Austin area a lot, anything worth diving down there?

For me, anything that can be dived is worth diving. I'm kind of a freak though.... :)

I enjoy spending the day out on Lake Travis and manage to get about 120+ local dives per year in.

For me, anything that can be dived is worth diving. I'm kind of a freak though.... :)

I enjoy spending the day out on Lake Travis and manage to get about 120+ local dives per year in.

Good to know that its worthwhile enough to go out more than a hundred times a year. My parents live in Lakeway so will definitely have to check it out next time we are in town. Can't imagine anything wouldn't be better than the quarry two hours from where I live here!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom