Cypress Springs 4-16-5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Heading back to Cypress this weekend, not solid on the Saturday date just yet. Water temps will be in the high 60sF as always and water is gin clear 95% of the time at this site. Depths to ~70' at the bottom of the cavern, ~30'ish in the basin. A boat of some sorts is necessary to make it to the spring. Its about a mile upstream from the boatlaunch at 277.

It'll be fun!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Heading back to Cypress this weekend, not solid on the Saturday date just yet. Water temps will be in the high 60sF as always and water is gin clear 95% of the time at this site. Depths to ~70' at the bottom of the cavern, ~30'ish in the basin. A boat of some sorts is necessary to make it to the spring. Its about a mile upstream from the boatlaunch at 277.

It'll be fun!
You're a mind reader! I was talking to kyle about this a few days ago. Heather is getting certified at vortex this weekend (4-16/17), and he wanted me to come down there with him. I was telling him I wanted to go to cypress while she is out diving Sat. morning. This would be perfect! We are also planning on doing some afternoon/night diving at vortex in the afternoon, as well as going out to morrison on Sunday (4/17) (if it cooperates).

Matt

Sounds good Corigan, we may even join you guys on the dives Sat night and Sunday(not sure yet though).

We plan to meet at Vortex at 8AMCST. This is a pretty good start time in order to get to Cypress, do two dives, and get back with enough time to get home without being too late at night.

SuPrBuGmAn:
We plan to meet at Vortex at 8AMCST. This is a pretty good start time in order to get to Cypress, do two dives, and get back with enough time to get home without being too late at night.

Sounds like a plan!

Matt

Count me in. I need a boat rental partner that has a truck or appropriate vehicle. Any takers? I'M AN EXCELLENT PADDLER! I may even share my cookies and a beer for the paddle home.

Every time we get done diving Cypress and are paddling back I look at the cup holders in the canoe and think, boy it would be nice to have a cold one right about now. I think I'll make that wish come true this time. Something about the lukewarm Michelobe Light at Sally's that just doesn't do it for me. Now their burgers are another story!

You could always tie some cave line to the neck of the bottles and keep them overbored until your ready to drink, theyll be nice and cool.

Some of Vortex's boats have the center console section you could put ice in, the trick is finding which boat has the console thats not bolted shut :D

I always forget to bring food/drinks. I usually swallow a good bit of water while UW though :) it looks clean and tastes clean - I'd rather not think about the tiny little buggers swimming around in it that I can't see though :D

With some recent changes at work, I may be free that Saturday. I'll keep an eye on the schedule as we get closer.

Bugman,
Isn't that why people buy spring water - naturally squirmy :D.

SeaYoda:
Bugman,
Isn't that why people buy spring water - naturally squirmy :D.

I think you're right, its nice that we have our own little supply of it :D

Eeew. I prefer not to think about that.

Still no offers for a canoe buddy for Saturday? I can't do it by myself!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom