(crickets chirping..........crickets chirping...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luke

you need a dog trainer? as i could help you there if i wasnt leaving town for the summer at the end of the week.

ever tried a shock collar? those seem to stop alot of bad behavior from dogs :wink:

Tooth

Don't you love it when someone asks if you want their help and then throw in the "but I can't" Kinda like the old saying ;I think everyone should carry a sack in each hand, so if anyone asks if you can give them a hand you can say "gee, I'd love to but you see I have these sacks." I'm just messing with you.

What kind of dog is it, or is it the same one in the picture?

Lukiedukie:
Unlike a teacher if you touch one your at the very least suspened

Ha! Tell that to our librarian- yesterday I watched a 1st grader try to kick and punch her all the way down the hall, then she lifted him and he continued to do that as she carried him to the principal's office. It was hard not to laugh when he grabbed at every doorway he could on the way, clinging to it till she pried his fingers loose! This librarian has had restraint training, and actually used to take martial arts lessons from my husband. She did a great job of handling the kid.

I must confess that I would have been hard pressed not to place a nice, discreet, hard pinch somewhere on Wild Thang, if it were me in her shoes. Especially if I had known that all he would get is to sit out at recess. It probably didn't mean a whole lot to him, as I would imagine that he sits out a LOT at recess. :wink:

Foo

chris

i know your messing with me. training dogs is something i did when i worked for a vet for over 2 years, but for me i have a commitment to work for the camp that i cant really break i signed the contract.

now i would be more then willing to give tips over email or PM luke, and if that doesnt work, i would suggest "mans best friend" as they have some of the best non security animal training in the dallas area

Foo. i agree with you there have been times i have been a in from imprinting a helion for causing problems. especially at the restraunt i have had instances where i have had a kid run into me when i have a tray in my hand (probablay around ~45lbs) and i have so wanted to just drop the tray on the kid just to teach the parent a lesson in why they should control there kid.

then just as a personal opinon a parent should raise there kid not society because if you expect society to raise your kid you should be able to have kids. Then if you step out of line i think that persons in authority should have the right to set you straight.

Well its late and i have to be up early in the morning to see a clients animals that im pet sitting

FWIW

Tooth

Scubatooth:
luke

you need a dog trainer? as i could help you there if i wasnt leaving town for the summer at the end of the week.

ever tried a shock collar? those seem to stop alot of bad behavior from dogs :wink:

Tooth

I will loan you the one I use for the kids if you need one!

I'm a speech therapist who specializes in working with autism. I do most of my work at the Autistic Treatment Center in Dallas. My boss doesn't allow any of the therapists to take restraint training, and she doesn't allow us to lay our hands on the demonspawn. Does that mean I just sit there and let them beat me up? Hell, no! I'm in a room alone with them, and my boss loves to give me the most violent ones. And I work with the teens and adults most of the time. The one who slashed me with scissors had my bootheel imprinted across the back of his hand for about 3 weeks. Besides, this is only temporary. I go back to school June 6 to start studying Marine Biology. It's safer to swim with sharks than work with autistics.

As for the dog, I've also got a lot of experience training dogs and other animals. What Luke neglected to mention is that I've already gotten Lewis half-trained. I just keep telling him he could end up as fajitas or chili if he doesn't behave. He's just a big goofy 1 year old with a head as hard as a rock. And the one in the picture was just visiting me for a short time. I don't like little dogs. I like big ones like my 110 lb lab, Frosty. There's more of them to snuggle with...

Here's Lewis and Luke and Frosty.

Firegoddess:
I have 2 kids...think I don't already have one?

I have 3 and the batteries are always fresh with multiple power options from HEY to complete shutdown with drool.

wingnut

oh yeah those are the collars, do you ahve the ones with different color prongs on the collar for different levels or do you have that feature via the remote?

Tooth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom