Crab Grab Part Deaux - Pincers of Death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
I threw a crabtrap into the bay off Fort Morgan on Saturday, when I drove back to pick it up, it had two crabs in it, one was too small. Sat for around 2 hours, not the best pickings...

FWIW, someone else onsite said he saw some other people mess with the trap earlier... maybe they stole a boatload of crab, doubtfull though.

I wonder what the shrimpboat looks like. You saw tons at the west pass last year, as well.

Haven't had the chance to get out there to the Shrimpboat to dive her in awhile, no buddies(that I want to bring to it) available.

Next time I hit the beach that way, I may just snorkel out to it to take a look. She was the goldmine for crab last year!

SuPrBuGmAn:
I threw a crabtrap into the bay off Fort Morgan on Saturday, when I drove back to pick it up, it had two crabs in it, one was too small. Sat for around 2 hours, not the best pickings...

FWIW, someone else onsite said he saw some other people mess with the trap earlier... maybe they stole a boatload of crab, doubtfull though.
Anybody who'd mess with somebody else's crab trap ain't worth savin', should they accidentally fall in.
Rick :)

paulwall:
Oh, that? I was being complementary, hence the "Lots o' love" :lotsalove: smilie

Hmmmmm....that doesn't look like love to me......looks more like something I would call....ummm...NVM...:D

Alright CrabMan...is this gonna happen or not and when? I am trying to plan a vacation the end of September and you know I "must" plan my vacation around diving with you..since you've been showing me so "much love" lately...

denisegg:
Alright CrabMan...is this gonna happen or not and when? I am trying to plan a vacation the end of September and you know I "must" plan my vacation around diving with you..since you've been showing me so "much love" lately...

Perhaps we should cancel the grabbin' part of the trip and make it a dive n' dine...:confused:

We can always just buy some crab and boil em at the pavillion in Orange Beach. Or toss a couple of traps before diving and collect after the diving festivities are over. Its still not too late for the crab to show up! :D

SuPrBuGmAn:
We can always just buy some crab and boil em at the pavillion in Orange Beach. Or toss a couple of traps before diving and collect after the diving festivities are over. Its still not too late for the crab to show up! :D

If I'm buying them, they better already be boiled.

I think the live crab are runnin' skeered.

Back
Top Bottom