Cozumel Totally Destroyed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good evening all...sorry I haven't been around today...now that none of the boats in Cozumel have engines, I had to go out and help row the boat so we could stay on top of the divers bubbles.

We got the boat back to the Caleta 12 hours and 2 dives later,...we had to climb over 77 boats to get to the road. Our boat was one of the 78 piled up, but we were lucky to find some duct tape to patch the holes, and now we're good as gold! A little water was leaking in...but we each havd our own little tupperware container to bail out the water when it was getting too high.

So then, since there are no passable roads, we had to walk from the caletta to town each lugging 4 sets of gear on our backs, barefooted and UP hill! Yeh, don't know how that happened, but now we have hills in Cozumel.

We still don't have any running water, so I'm hoping for an evening rain so I can rinse off.

The only reason I can use my computer is because it has a solar panel to charge it up and somehow this wireless card has incredible range...I guess all the way to Texas...at least on a clear day.

No alarm clock of course with no electricity either, so I hope I wake up in time for tomorrows dives. I can't make nuffins either, so I'll go pick some lime trees...hey, fresh fruit is fresh fruit!

Y'all play nice now :)

Thanks Mawg...that was a riot!!!!!!! :D

Christi:
Good evening all...sorry I haven't been around today...now that none of the boats in Cozumel have engines, I had to go out and help row the boat so we could stay on top of the divers bubbles.
So then, since there are no passable roads, we had to walk from the caletta to town each lugging 4 sets of gear on our backs, barefooted and UP hill! Yeh, don't know how that happened, but now we have hills in Cozumel.

Wow that's quite a feat and you spared the burrows for your guests to ride:D
I hope none of the burros that croak are named Eyore:D
Are those hills or sand dunes? LMAO.... I'll bring some more duct tape case you run out:wink:

Christi:

We got the boat back to the Caleta 12 hours and 2 dives later,...we had to climb over 77 boats to get to the road. Our boat was one of the 78 piled up, but we were lucky to find some duct tape to patch the holes, and now we're good as gold! A little water was leaking in...but we each havd our own little tupperware container to bail out the water when it was getting too high.

We still don't have any running water, so I'm hoping for an evening rain so I can rinse off.

The only reason I can use my computer is because it has a solar panel to charge it up and somehow this wireless card has incredible range...I guess all the way to Texas...at least on a clear day.

No alarm clock of course with no electricity either, so I hope I wake up in time for tomorrows dives. I can't make nuffins either, so I'll go pick some lime trees...hey, fresh fruit is fresh fruit!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Christi:

LOL. Glad you liked it. I enjoyed reading yours as well.

OK, I'll hire you too to come write for us:05: !

Christi:

Divingnthedark:
Wow that's quite a feat and you spared the burrows for your guests to ride:D
I hope none of the burros that croak are named Eyore:D
Are those hills or sand dunes? LMAO.... I'll bring some more duct tape case you run out:wink:

Yeh, there is a burrow shortage too...so only the visitors are allowed to ride them...us locals have to hoof it ourselves! :wink: Don't worry, I will make sure that there is a burrow available for you :wink:

Christi:
Yeh, there is a burrow shortage too...so only the visitors are allowed to ride them...us locals have to hoof it ourselves! :wink: Don't worry, I will make sure that there is a burrow available for you :wink:
You are a true sweet heart....knew I could count on you! Should I bring some food for the burrows:wink:

Divingnthedark:
You a true sweet heart....knew I could count on you! Should I bring some food for the burrows:wink:

They like beef jerky, crystal lite and starbucks :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom