Corrosion on threads?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it would be removed during service. Ultrasonics take care of most everything, and a brush after them will take care of the rest. No excuse for the regulator to have any sort of corrosion or salt deposits anywhere on them after service

image.jpeg

those are salt deposits, they come off easily with some warm vinegar in an ultrasonic after about 5 minutes. That should absolutely have been removed in service and if you haven't been in salt water with them, there is no reason that should be there

I have only taken these regs in one lake and a quarry- all fresh water of course. I have not even had them in a pool so no chlorine either.

It also appears that the chrome plating is coming off the threads and other parts of the SS with the bare brass showing. There is also greenish residue there. Corrosion mixed with traces of lubricant. I'd have a professional service technician (authorized) at a reputable LDS examine and service it after determining what is what with it.

I have only taken these regs in one lake and a quarry- all fresh water of course. I have not even had them in a pool so no chlorine either.

then that is pure evidence that they weren't serviced properly. Fresh water and pool water can't do that to a regulator

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom