DIR- Generic Cordless primary light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A 21/9 will last you for 99% of all tech diving. Drop a lithium pack in there and you’ve got a real solid piece of kit.

I still use my 18W/"9" although it has a 15Ah lithium pack in there now. I think that light was made in the mid-90s. Its been through a cord or two, and few bulbs which are stupid expensive. The 21w bulbs are far more durable, but this is what I have so yanno.

I also have an UWLD-35 which is not really a "DIR" light due to the beam pattern. Although I love that light anyway.

I use a custom halcyon Focus 2.0 that has the hi/lo/off switch removed with 10ah-30ah canisters.

What do you mean by custom? the light head is custom or its custom in the sense that you are attaching it to a custom battery separate to halcyons stock battery. Why did you have the hi/low/off switch removed? Where is the switch removed?
Do you ever find the focus 2.0 too bright? I suppose not because you're diving very clear cave water most of the time?

What do you mean by custom? the light head is custom or its custom in the sense that you are attaching it to a custom battery separate to halcyons stock battery. Why did you have the hi/low/off switch removed? Where is the switch removed?
Do you ever find the focus 2.0 too bright? I suppose not because you're diving very clear cave water most of the time?
Its custom in that the switch is removed and its on a custom battery pack that I had made. The switch is removed because I find it pointless and it doesn't add any value to the light, and its just one more thing to get snagged. I only have (and want) a simple on/off switch on the canister where its protected.

Its never too bright, and I'm almost never diving clear water.

Side by side with an UWLD beam, the focus 2.0 is bright but only in a tiny 3cm x 3cm spot (the beam is actually square).
Agree with AJ, the high low switch is completely pointless.

For the money I think there better lights out there but the Focus is competent.

Side by side with an UWLD beam, the focus 2.0 is bright but only in a tiny 3cm x 3cm spot (the beam is actually square).
Agree with AJ, the high low switch is completely pointless.

For the money I think there better lights out there but the Focus is competent.
I back the focus out maybe a quarter turn and I get a pretty nice spot with good spill. The focus 1.0 seems to have much less spill.

I back the focus out maybe a quarter turn and I get a pretty nice spot with good spill. The focus 1.0 seems to have much less spill.
My buddy with the focus is pretty new, I'll suggest she open it up a bit. It was bright but had almost no spill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom