DIR- Generic Cordless primary light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the money I think there better lights out there but the Focus is competent.

Like what?

Its never too bright, and I'm almost never diving clear water.

Thanks for the elaborate answer AJ. I thought most caves especially in Florida are quite clear unless silted or going somewhere where few have been? What are most of your technical dives like? Do you ever do recreational dives?

Again, the same. Overpriced.

Thanks for sharing though.
You get what you pay for.

If $1500 is too much then find a used 21w usually in the $600 range. But if its older you should account for the fact that the battery is deteriorated.

Like what?

Thanks for the elaborate answer AJ. I thought most caves especially in Florida are quite clear unless silted or going somewhere where few have been? What are most of your technical dives like? Do you ever do recreational dives?

Most tourist caves are clear. Everything else (for the most part) is either low vis to start with or quickly becomes low vis due to percolation or silt from the bottom. The ones that aren’t either of those two things seem to always be relatively deep.

This video was from a few weeks ago:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B-dkmSvPXV4
This one from 2014, but pretty neat:

Most of my technical dives are deeper and longer. I do a few rec dives every year but most of my weekends are booked with either cave dives or other obligations.

Video from Cayman 2019:

Most tourist caves are clear. Everything else (for the most part) is either low vis to start with or quickly becomes low vis due to percolation or silt from the bottom. The ones that aren’t either of those two things seem to always be relatively deep.

This video was from a few weeks ago:

This one from 2014, but pretty neat:

Most of my technical dives are deeper and longer. I do a few rec dives every year but most of my weekends are booked with either cave dives or other obligations.

Video from Cayman 2019:
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Absolute inspiration man.

Again, the same. Overpriced.

Thanks for sharing though.

I think you're confusing overpriced with what you're willing to pay. Which are two very different things.

I've owned both brand of light and have never in the slightest felt I overpaid. Both are excellent quality with excellent performance. On top of that, I can contact either company with an issue (even an outdated light) and they will resolve it. The focus, UWLD, and LM lights may be expensive. But for the quality, performance, and after sale support they are far from overpriced.

My apologies, they not overpriced.

I was comparing them to the halcyon focus which I am looking at in pounds and forgot both of the lights you listed are in dollars not pounds!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom