Container to take car smart key fob down with me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaveSloth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am imagining a small metal cylinder with a screw top containing rubber o-rings that will perfectly fit my car key FOB (2.5"x1.75"x.5") with a bolt snap to attach it to a ring inside one of my weight pockets. Please let me know if such a thing exists. Thanks.

I can't lock it in my car and use one of those chipless keys to lock the doors and I have never been able to relax with it being hidden somewhere under, around, near my car while I dive.

If you have a roof rack, I find that a master lock portable lock box works great. I have also used magnetic lock boxes in the past. I do not know of anything to take down with you that is water tight besides a small pelican box

obviously for $15 there's some risk
ScubaPro Divers Egg Dry-Box With String

I would trust this one but it's $300
Sartek Industries Product Details

Find a metal screw down dive light with a double o-ring seal and remove the battery carrier. Probably have the lanyard included. Don't get a plastic one as some of them rely on the carrier support to keep from crushing.

Reactions: GJC
If you have a roof rack, I find that a master lock portable lock box works great.

All modern vehicles have tie-down points so they can be transported by rail or ship. Look under your bumpers or for removable panels on your bumper. I second the suggestion of using a lock box on the vehicle that uses a combination or key lock.

If you have a roof rack, I find that a master lock portable lock box works great. I have also used magnetic lock boxes in the past. I do not know of anything to take down with you that is water tight besides a small pelican box

I don't think that would work with my keyless fob. The doors unlock when I get within 3 feet of my car.

obviously for $115 there's some risk
ScubaPro Divers Egg Dry-Box With String
$15, not $115. It works fine, so far. Lock box on car is safer, but a bit more fuss. Don't forget that *some* places you do NOT want to lock the car.

Our fob has a removable key, so the fob/electronics cab be locked in the car.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom