Car key solution for me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

why did you not keep the keys in a dry box on the boat?

One of those times when you just arent' thinking. Our boat was already in the water at our slip, and I was carrying a handful of stuff that I was going to put in the dry box on the boat. Just as I stepped over stradling the dock and the boat, I dropped them. I got smarter after that. :)
Now I have a caribeener on my keychain and my key stays snapped onto my belt loop safely until I'm all the way on the boat and organized.

I didn't even have a float on it.

The day before we go diving, I swallow the car key.

On dive day I eat a lot of bran flakes.

I get the key back after the dive.

Really? How hard is this that it's the 37th similar thread and we're now up to 43 responses?

WWJBD? (what would James Bond do?)
Picture 16.png

One of those times when you just arent' thinking. Our boat was already in the water at our slip, and I was carrying a handful of stuff that I was going to put in the dry box on the boat. Just as I stepped over stradling the dock and the boat, I dropped them. I got smarter after that. :)
Now I have a caribeener on my keychain and my key stays snapped onto my belt loop safely until I'm all the way on the boat and organized.

I didn't even have a float on it.

That I can understand that, around 12 years ago I was on a dive and about 10 minutes in, I checked my bathing suit pocket through my wetsuit and said "ah s..t", I left me cell phone in my pocket.

The day before we go diving, I swallow the car key.

On dive day I eat a lot of bran flakes.

I get the key back after the dive.

Really? How hard is this that it's the 37th similar thread and we're now up to 43 responses?

WWJBD? (what would James Bond do?)
View attachment 379422

You doing the warhammer maneuver to get it back? I understand it's more difficult in a full wetsuit and almost impossible in a drysuit.

Back
Top Bottom