Container to take car smart key fob down with me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try pulling on the handle. I bet it’ll unlock without you using the dumb key because the smart key is close by. You could probably even start the car and drive away.

Try pulling on the handle. I bet it’ll unlock without you using the dumb key because the smart key is close by. You could probably even start the car and drive away.

Maybe you missed where I wrote: "I am able to lock the FOB in the car no problem and it stays locked. I guess using the manual door lock disables the auto FOB detection keyless entry feature."

I missed that part. My bad. I guess it might be make and model dependent. My car doesn’t work quite like yours and I need to shield the smart key in a metal case to prevent the car from bring unlocked.

I missed that part. My bad. I guess it might be make and model dependent. My car doesn’t work quite like yours and I need to shield the smart key in a metal case to prevent the car from bring unlocked.
Yeah--they COULD all get together and make everything work the same, and not change things with next year's car models--you know, back when all had only "dumb" keys. They could also make all TV remotes the same...

Back
Top Bottom