Info DRYFOB Waterproof Containers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaan

Ask me about DRYFOB
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
DRYFOB® is a waterproof car key container suitable for scuba diving and other water sports. It fits all standard car key fobs, is neutrally buoyant with a key fob, and can sustain prolonged diving at depth. While primarily designed for shore diving, the waterproof case can work well for any activity where you want to protect your key from environmental hazards (water, humidity, mud, sand, etc.).

The patent pending DRYFOB car key container is machined out of a rugged aluminum alloy and anodized for additional strength and corrosion protection. Dual O-rings are used to provide a waterproof seal. DRYFOB is ready for use within recreational diving limits and has been Dive Lab approved to 130ft and IPx8 rated to 130ft/1hr. This rating is more of a testing specification than any kind of product limitation. We have tested units in our own pressure chamber for 115 psi for over 24hrs (equivalent to > 260 ft) without any leaks or issues. The rugged construction and materials will stand up to repeated and prolonged use (as well as getting tossed around in your dive bag).

Features​

• Rugged Anodized Aluminum Construction
  • IPx8 Rated Waterproof to 130ft (40m) for 1hr
  • Dual O-rings
  • Corrosion Resistant
  • Neutrally Buoyant (with FOB)
  • Multiple Attach Points
  • Compact Size, Easily Fits in BC pocket
Blue-Dryfob-Parts-C4.jpeg

The interior of the DRYFOB container is 1.65″ (42mm) by 3.75″ (95mm) and designed to fit all standard car key FOBs. There are two attachment points which can accommodate a lanyard, bungee, ring, or clip. Most divers carry their DRYFOB in a BCD pocket or clipped to a D-ring or other secure spot.

While the size and weight of car key FOBs vary, with most FOBs the DRYFOB is neutrally buoyant. And the bright metallic sheen makes it easy to spot.

Dryfob-color-C10.jpeg

We invented DRYFOB because we needed a solution ourselves for our car keys while shore diving. Our friends and fellow divers wanted one too so we made more, and now after a almost a year they are available on Amazon and more and more dive shops are reselling them. We still order in small quantities and inspect and assemble each one ourselves before they go out the door to ensure quality.

DRYFOB LLC is based in Miami, Florida, and can be reached at info@dryfob.com or www.dryfob.com or 1.888.8.DRYFOB
We'd love to hear your comments and feedback and I've created this forum for product specific questions as there has been interest in various SCUBABOARD discussion groups.

Thank you for everyone's support,
Nathalie and Jaan

We'd love to hear your comments and feedback and I've created this forum for product specific questions as there has been interest in various SCUBABOARD discussion groups.

This is a thread, not a forum. You can request a dedicated sub-forum for Dryfob and we can move this thread into on request. This is opposed to having this thread mixed in with all the other threads in this "parent" forum.

This is a thread, not a forum. You can request a dedicated sub-forum for Dryfob and we can move this thread into on request. This is opposed to having this thread mixed in with all the other threads in this "parent" forum.
Thanks Akimbo .. yes, my bad, I've asked the Chairman to help bail me out and create a forum for us :wink:

Good luck to you. There are always people asking what to do with their car keys when they go diving here on SB. Now you can monitor SB and give them the answer (with SB discount perhaps :) )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom