Cave of the sleeping sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From what I understand the sleeping sharks of Isla Mujeres disappeared long ago, perhaps from too frequent visits from divers? We will have to be careful in how we go about trips there. I think one thing is that there will 'peeks" into the cave but no entry. We will be working that out in the next few weeks.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
I suspect they were all fished out, but you could be right.

No worries there. The last place I want to go is into a cave with a bunch of sharks. I am fine with looking in from the outside.
Second good reason to not go in.

Yet isn't this outside of the marine park and therefore unregulated? Short of manning your own armed patrols, how will you keep people like me from renting their own boats, diving down to the sleeping shark cave, and taking obnoxious selfies with the sharks wearing silly hats?
Get it on video.

Dear Mossman,

In order to find it you are gonna have to spend thousands of dollars, not pesos, just to find it. Then to dive it safely you are gonna have to invest a ton of pesos in infrastructure. Good luck to you and maybe your glass bottom boats!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Dear Mossman,

In order to find it you are gonna have to spend thousands of dollars, not pesos, just to find it. Then to dive it safely you are gonna have to invest a ton of pesos in infrastructure. Good luck to you and maybe your glass bottom boats!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
Hah! I got drunk with the guy last night and he divulged the coordinates. My fleet of 7 glass-bottom boats are on their way from Panama as we speak, professional shark wrestlers aboard each one.

Hey everybody my name is memo mendoza and I have been a follower of the forum for some time , now I have just registered :

I love diving and I will be exploring more the dive site of the cave of the sleeping shark and some other sites, I will try to keep you updated.

I think I will not have much time to log in everyday but I will try .

Saludos,

Memo

Hey everybody my name is memo mendoza and I have been a follower of the forum for some time , now I have just registered :

I love diving and I will be exploring more the dive site of the cave of the sleeping shark and some other sites, I will try to keep you updated.

I think I will not have much time to log in everyday but I will try .

Saludos,

Memo

Dave promised you for dinner in December. You were a no-show. Then you went and opened the port. I am still sulking.

Hola Mike, thank you for the welcome.

I´m struggling on uploading my profile picture, it shows on my profile but not on my posting.
i asked pelagicsal and she told me that probably after 5 or more posting I will be able to upload pictures.

do you know something about it?

saludos

Hola from David and Kyle. Welcome to the forum. We missed seeing you at the beach club this past trip. This trip was too short, hope to be back soon. You will have more posting privileges after a few more posts. Look forward to dive reports and pictures. David

Bienvenidos, Memo! I am looking forward to seeing your pictures...

Sorry I missed your visit, lionfish-eater! Maybe next time I will catch up to you guys...
And we can eat some lionfish. Last week was a good week for satisfying lionfish cravings....
Hurry back!

Hola Mike, thank you for the welcome.

I´m struggling on uploading my profile picture, it shows on my profile but not on my posting.
i asked pelagicsal and she told me that probably after 5 or more posting I will be able to upload pictures.

do you know something about it?

saludos

I am not sure of why either. See after 5 postings and if it doesn't show up you can contact the site support.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom