Catastrophic Hurricane Felix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This does not look good for either the Bay Islands or Belize.
Rick
al06wind.gif

CoCo View will be preparing to evacuate on Tues if need be....they are on the leeward side of the island so hopefully they will be spared the most damaging winds....AKR on the other hand will feel the brunt of the storm....

It is now a cat 5

Since Lamont's thread was about Invest 92 which failed to become a threat, I started a new one on the real Felix, but I see that the two have been joined. Thanks! I Mod a little on a tiny V-board, and have never joined two threads - looks tricky.

From NOAA...
...FELIX NOW A CATEGORY FIVE HURRICANE...

000023W_sm.gif

Cozumel looks like it's not in harms way, as this is headed for landfall similar to Dean's - subject to change...?!

at200706_model.gif

This looks very bad, folks. Potential big time killer, this one.
Rick
al06wind.gif

This is not looking to be a good hurricane season for all my favorite dive destinations.

The multi path projection kind of gives the impression that no one really has a clue where this is headed.

Be safe down there Hank!

Kim:
Be safe down there Hank!

Thanks amigo. I've tied my boat down under my house to all the cement posts, boarded up the windows and plan to ride it out. I'm far enough back from the sea and high enough that the surge won't get me. The house is solid cement and 10 feet off the ground. The adrenaline is pumping though....ya man.
I'm more worried about Honduras. There's a lot of steep mountains on that north coast and the landslide and flooding could be bad. God help them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom